WLM

Reaction score
I'm out of town and purchased a laptop to use while I'm away (medical emergency). When using windows live messenger to send a text to a mobile phone is says I can't do it. When I use my desktop at home I can. Can anybody explain this?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Wish I could help ya with that one BF.

I hope all is okay with you and the family. I've missed ya here.

Keep us posted! :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hope all is well Bassfisher :)

Do you get an error when trying to SMS a mobile phone or does it just not show the SMS feature?

Reaction score
No error just this "
This message was not sent because messages can't be sent to this mobile number"

When I use my desktop with WLM it goes through with no problem. I cant SMS to any mobile's from this lap top. like I said I'm not at home and I know my desktop is off.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Have you been able to send SMSs to the same number from the desktop? It's possible to disable receiving them on an account basis, so it could be this if it's the first time you've tried this particular number.

Sorry I can't be of more help but I've not had this happen before and can't find much on the net, other than the above.

Reaction score
Do you have the APP installed to send text thru windows live.

Reaction score
it came with my windows live updates. i installed everything windows live came with and texting through messenger was part of it.

Ask a Question