Add my secondary e-mail account to WLM 2012 Issue

Reaction score
Hi:
Windows 7, Windows Live Mail 2012

On my newly purchased PC/HP, I found that I can NO longer add/set-up my secondary e-mail account with my secondary e-mail address, .... keeps rejecting my legitimate secondary password.

On my current PC/HP, there are two different e-mail accounts created late this summer, first and secondary accounts without any issue and running all fine. The reason I need two different accounts is that one of my family members has been doing eBay and Amazon and often using one of my e-mail accounts. Also, it is the 'back-up' PC to accomodate eBay and Amazon, since those two need daily e-mail communication.

Just wondering whether WLM is no longer offerring two different e-mail accounts?

My ISP is Comcast, but there is no solution to it.

Any clues on this would be truly appreciated.

Thanks,​

Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/c...ndows-live-mail-2012-issue.html#ixzz2GSroJ9dd

Reaction score
It should do that witha out any problems at all. I have 4 email accounts associated with my live mail account...all work correctly.

You might wont to uninstall and reinstall WLM and see if that clears it up. I've found with certian issues using WLM that an uninstall and reinstall seems to be the only fix.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
As seen here, you can have more than one account with WLM.

My "guess" as to why yours is failing is you are entering an incorrect password or the server data is not correct, or the account is not setup for POP3 or IMAP access.

Note some providers do not allow POP or IMAP access. Yahoo, for example (unless they recently changed) requires you to upgrade to their Plus service to access email from other clients (email programs).

Ask a Question