Wireless Network Save Issues

Reaction score
My internet crashed a few days ago. I usually use and feel most comfortable using MAC filtering for my wireless network security. When I reset my router, I lost all of my settings. I did not set my network up, my friend did it and is currently unavailable to help.

I got everything up and running again. However, the only issue I'm having is when I go to the bottom right corner of my computer, left click the the wireless, right click my network and go to properties. I changed everything from from security "WPA2-Personal" encryption type "AES" to Security type "No Authentication (Open)" with Encryption type "None" and click "OK" the settings are not saved. It reverts back to "WPA2-Personal" encryption type "AES". I'm starting to get severely aggravated because with this enabled, I cannot connect various devices that I happen to use on WPA2-P such as my Nintendo DS and my cellular device. I thought I would just deal with it for the time being but realized this morning that this is highly inconvenient with my new high risk pregnancy life style and I'm about ready to just smash my router and computer with a sledgehammer.

I hope someone can tell me what is going on and how I can fix this error. I've just about had enough with Microsoft and all of the B.S. that comes along with it and all I want is my internet to work properly the way I want and need it to while I've been exiled to my bed for the next 4 months.

I am using a DLink DIR-615 wireless router, btw.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Retried to change the settings again and got this error message; "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network ."

I changed the settings to No Authentication (Open) WEP with a password.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Well, you won't be very secure if you continue to use the WEP protocol. Easily hacked. WPA2-PSK AES is your best bet by far.

Reaction score
Nib's, I can not agree more....just a side note to TFS, cool name btw, to add external wireless devices to your network...you have to add them manually..such as Nintendo's Wii's and DS's..which involves the MAC address of each device. If I remember correctly, with my Wii, I did it with in the console panel of the Wii.

Ask a Question