Mobile Broadband/ Wireless Network

Reaction score
All,

I have a laptop with which I connect to the internet via a mobile broadband usb as I am regularly on the road. At one of the client sites I cannot be connected to the net via mobile broadband and wirelessly to the network at the same time. Meaning, the moment I connect to the network, my internet connection stops working.

I am using win7 64 bit. Really appreciate your help in advance.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Are you saying it IS possible at other business sites, just not this one? Is your wireless adapter built into the laptop or is it established through the same mobile broadband card?

Reaction score
Guys, apologies as I will need to clarify further. On the Lenovo T510 we are able to connect to the net via a 3G USB and to the wireless network which does not have an internet connection. Whereas on the T410, even though it is possible to connect to the net via 3g, the moment I connect to the wireless, the internet connection does not work. Even though the 3g connection is still active. I feel that it may have something to do with multiple networks. Where I am stumped is that the T510 is set up in exactly the same way and it works. Using the same 3g mobile broadband card.

Thanks again

Reaction score
forgot to mention that the wireless connection to the network is built into the laptop

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
This is to spark a thought as I'm not familiar with the computer and have never seen that issue ...
In searching I see the T410 has something called "Embedded mobile WiMax" included and what I could find said it is optional on the T510. Perhaps it may conflict with your 3G USB in such a way that it's one or the other. If in fact the T510 doesn't and the T410 does then maybe see if it is possible to remove the Intel WiMax driver and still use the wireless functionality on the T410?

Hopefully others will have ideas as well and you may want to post your question on Lenova's website as well.

Reaction score
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Have fixed the issue. Ultimately, it was a dodgy sim card in the 3G USB Dongle. I got a replacement yesterday and it fixed everything up. Again. thanks for your help

Ask a Question