Windows XP no longer allowed on PCs, Windows 7 turns one

Reaction score
Reaction score
Congratulations to all Windows7 users & w7forum members,mods,guests...
It has been an amazing experience with Win7 & this was Win situation for MS & every Windows user....Hurrah

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
It's about time, that is for XP to stop being shipped onto new computers. The only support that they had was from the OEM anyway. What I could never figure out was, why wasn't Windows 7 Starter placed on these (mostly) netbooks to begin with? They were capable of it, had the same specs and all.

The difference in price was hardly none at all, the only reason that I can figure, was to allow those who wanted XP to have it, but only on a netbook, which are losing popularity as fast as it was gained. Many were sold by the cell phone companies, at a cheap price, but bundled into an expensive two year contract.

It's been great to have been a part of the first year of Windows 7, making the leap, not knowing what to expect, wasn't bad at all. In fact, it was very refreshing, after looking at XP for nearly eight years. Far less maintenance, and more secure, too.

The time may not come quite as soon as was expected, but the day will come that Windows 7 is the world's #1 OS.

Happy Birthday, Windows 7!

Cat

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
WOW! Has it been a year already? Although it's a bit sad to see XP slowly being pulled from life support as it was a rocking good OS for so long, time marches on and ther'll come a time when the tech is so ahead that XP just wont install on your computer.

Happy Birthday W7!

Reaction score
I think MS was playing it safe in keeping a well liked and proven O/S available for so long. It would still have been making them money while 7 was new and untried.
I also think they had to force a change if they want to get a good uptake on 7 as many would keep using XP.
Having said that I wonder why they could not offer XP as a budget O/S and 7 as their premium product. I mean all the structure is already in existence for XP.
Car manafactuers offer budget and premium models maybe software makers should try something like that as well.

Reaction score
Well said Mychael....u r right XP has got more money to MS then any other OS they created till date...looking at Windows 7 it'll surpass those figures 1 day...

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
* Happy Birdthay to youuu Windows 7 *

Wow, only a year? It feels rather like 2 or 3... But it's nice to see this OS living up :)

XP was good, but a change was needed, and Vista was a piece of crap.

Reaction score
* Happy Birdthay to youuu Windows 7 *

Wow, only a year? It feels rather like 2 or 3... But it's nice to see this OS living up :)

XP was good, but a change was needed, and Vista was a piece of crap.
"Vista was a piece of crap" what do you mean?:confused:
coz my sister use it, so i want to know the "piece of crap" :D

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Vista is basically an incomplete W7 and it had issues. For one thing it didn't have as long a test period as W7 and so there were driver problems and program compatibility problems up the wazoo. W7 still has some of this but much, much less.
http://chris.pirillo.com/windows-vista-feedback/
http://chris.pirillo.com/65-more-windows-vista-mistakes/
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2166159/major_problems_faced_by_windows_vista.html?cat=15

But you may prefer to read this ...
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/510255/windows_vista_dont_believe_all_the.html?cat=15

Basically if it's up and running all your hardware and software and you have security software protecting you then it's probably OK but I wouldn't downgrade W7 for Vista like so many people did from Vista to XP.

Ask a Question