A vexing issue - Windows 7 enterprise no longer valid

Reaction score
I have an HP Elitebook 8460p laptop that I purchased from my last employer. The machine had been my work laptop and I like it so I bought from the IT department for an attractive price. The machine worked like a dream - for about 3 months at which point I started to get "windows not genuine" messages and it is impossible to download any programs without administrator privileges. I have since found out that my machine was/still thinks it is part of the employer network and as such, will not function as a genuine Windows 7 install without "checking into the network" . of course that isn't going to happen since I no longer work for the company! The product key is genuine, but from what I can see, not truly mine. I cannot change the administrator or install myself as administrator. What are my options? Do I need to remove the current windows enterprise system from this machine and add a clean version of windows 7?If this is the only option, how do I remove the installed enterprise version?

Help!

Ask a Question