SOLVED Windows won't boot

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Everybody!
New to the forums...
So I have a really big problem: windows won't boot, an I am at the moment depending on a live CD of Ubuntu.
I know it isn't a virus or any kind of infection, as I have scanned it many times. I think, it is more of a problem to do with the fact that I installed Ubuntu on my PC as well as Windows 7, and that that mess't up the way the partitions boot.
I tried using ubuntu to install MBR, but that didn't work, and now I can't even boot into ubuntu.

What can i do to solve this? All i know is that with Windows 7 install is on parition sda2.

Will a boot fix with the install CD work?
What about a reinstall?

Please help!

Thanks,
Fire Cat

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Fire Cat :)

I would have thought you could simply boot from the Windows 7 DVD and perform a startup repair. It should pick up the problem pretty quickly and allow you to fix it :) You can then set up dual boot once you are back in Windows.

There's a simple walkthrough on this page which may help:
https://www.w7forums.com/startup-repair-t441.html

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
So you can't boot into Ubuntu either? That's why the livecd?

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
I'd just like to point out that when I boot without the Live CD, it shows up this, and stops there:
My PC said:
MBR
MBR 1234FA:_
I'll post a reply once I'm back home (I'm on holidays)!
Thanks!

Fire Cat
@Yodap: I could, until I installed MBR using ubuntu and that it got corrupt.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!
Yep, I'm back on my W7 PC! This is great. I booted from the install DVD once, it didn't find any OS on the PC and told me to reboot. Second time I booted onto the DVD, it found Windows 7 and found an error, and told me to reboot. Third boot: booted into windows!

Thanks Ian!
Fire Cat

Ask a Question