SOLVED Windows 7 64bit Laptop won't boot. Help!

Reaction score
I have a Dell Laptop with Windows 7 x64 installed. Today when I pressed the power button to resume it, the message appeared,

"BOOTMGR image is corrupt. The system cannot boot."

I went to boot options and reset the default settings but no avail. Every time I boot up same error comes. I do not have Windows Installation Disk or Windows Repair Disk CD/DVD, although I do have Windows 7 x64 Repair Disk as an ISO file on my PC.
What can I do to restore the boot manager?

Reaction score
Insert the DVD for installation within the installation and repair you can click and start the repair. After that it will need to restart and it should be fine.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You said you have the ISO on your PC. Use software like IMGBurn to burn it to a blank DVD and then insert that W7 DVD you create into your laptop.

Note: it must be the correct ISO to match the edition (Home Prem, Pro, Ult) and bit-size (32, 64) of the W7 OS installed on your laptop.

Reaction score
I burned the ISO to a USB Flash Drive (Kingston 4GB) using a program ISO to USB. Then I followed the Option 2 on this site and voila! It booted up! Thank you everyone for your replies.

Ask a Question