Windows Security Center

Reaction score
I am using the Windows 7 RC for some time and most everything was running great.

I am now getting an error where I am to to Solve PX Issues.

The issue is that I cannot turn on Windows Security Service Center.

I am using the Panda Beta Virus Protection for Window 7 and it seems to be working great.

I have the Windows Firewall operating.

I am not sure if somehow I did this and if there is an easy fix.

I feel a little dumb at this moment, I ussually can solve most things on this.
Not this one.

I have attached a print screen.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Go to Start -> Run and type "services.msc".

When the Services windows opens, scroll down until you find "Security Center". Right-click it and try to manually start it.

Also right-click and select Properties. In the dialog box make sure "Startup Type" is set for "Automatic" or "Automatic: delayed start", and change it to this if it is not. If manually running it doesn't work then change this setting and reboot.... let us know if that fixes it for ya.

Reaction score
Thanks

Hello Kougar,

Thanks, I no longer get the error message.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Magman

Reaction score
Go to Start -> Run and type "services.msc".

When the Services windows opens, scroll down until you find "Security Center". Right-click it and try to manually start it.

Also right-click and select Properties. In the dialog box make sure "Startup Type" is set for "Automatic" or "Automatic: delayed start", and change it to this if it is not. If manually running it doesn't work then change this setting and reboot.... let us know if that fixes it for ya.
Ok did all that but when I look for "Security Center" in the services window I find that ITS NOT THERE!!! What i do have is "secure socket tunneling protocol service" and "Security Accounts Manager"... now what???

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Numero.
Open a command prompt,(Run as Admin), and type
sfc /scannow
press ENTER:
It will take a while to run through your OS, but should fix the problem.
You can then enable it, if not already, in services.msc

Ask a Question