SOLVED Turn on Windows Security Center Service

Reaction score
I started my trusty Dell XPS M1330 Laptop and after it went thru the start-up sequence I noticed the flag showing that I had the above problem. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn it on. When I try to turn it on I get a box stating that "Windows Security Center cannot be started. I have been using "Bitdefender Internet Security Suite" for a long time and I just renewed my service for another year but that was several months ago. Can anyone tell me how to clear up this problem. Many thanks in advance.

Bob

Reaction score
Security Center – how to turn on

Start button... in the search box, type services... press Enter....scroll down to Security Center...click it

under Status, it should say..............Started

under Status type, it should say...... Automatic (D...

If it does not , left column, click Restart the service.

Also,to make sure ....... right click at Security Center > Properties...

under Startup type heading, click the pointer and select Automatic (Delayed Start)

under Service Status, click Start

click OK when done.

Exit Services window.

Security Center.png

Reaction score
I have additional information and it looks bad, I did as you show and to my amazement their is NO entry under services for "Security Center" in either Extended or Standard views. I am beginning to get bad vibes on this one. This is my main Laptop that has all my purchased programs. I would hate to have to do a complete install of Windows 7 64bit. Any other way out of this problem. I hope that there is. Thanks for your reply David. Any other ideas floating around.

Bob

Reaction score
Davidhk129 I downloaded the file that you recommended and then ran it and now I have my "Security Center" back. I also did a complete Antivirus Scan and Malware Scan with "Bitdefender" and then I ran a scan using "Advanced System Care Pro" and got everything cleaned up. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Lets hope that my laptop stays fixed. Many thanks to the "Windows 7 Forums" for providing a place for us computer users to get help.

Again: MANY THANKS !

Bob

Ask a Question