Windows Running slow

Reaction score
I have a problem with my computer. So yesterday, my windows 10 started taking 10-15 minutes to boot. And once it booted, it would randomly freeze. So then I tried installing windows 7 in its place, and it boots fine, but the computer can barely handle basic tasks. For example, creating a new tab in firefox will make it not respond for a minute or two. Right clicking the desktop will freeze it, and even while i'm typing this it randomly stops responding. Can anyone help me please. Also, whenever this happens the cpu is only at 8% and the memory is only at 44-50% so it doesn't make any sense. Thanks

Reaction score
Run disk cleanup and disk defrag. Use ccleaner to delete all startup programs except antivirus and firewall.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Firefox has been going downhill (IMO) and is getting slower & slower, at least some of which is very often the flash player. I've completely uninstalled flash from Firefox which does help. Consider using a different browser or try Firefox without Flash. If you need flash for some sites then simply use a different browser on those occasions.

Ask a Question