Constant BSOD & Reboot on startup of Dell Windows 7

Reaction score
For the last couple of weeks (I was just given the laptop) my friends Dell Inspiron has been Blue Screen of Death'ing on start then rebooting (loop on this) - I was able to see the BSOD when I disabled the "reboot on error" and all I get is the following:
Blue Screen STOP: 0x0000007B

I cannot get into Safe Mode (same error) to get any dumps (at least I wouldn't know how)

I tried Startup Recovery, Last known configuration, Restor points (many of them), Chkdsk, sfc, and bootsec but nothing seems to resolve the problem... The next step is a re-install from the Dell Recovery drive (I hope because I don't have the origial Windows 7 Dell Install CD), but obviously I would like to avoid that...

Any other ideas?
Any helps/hints would be appreciated.
Thanks,

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Shaitan00, welcome to the forum!

I've done a bit of research, and this is what I came up with.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/stop0x0000007b.htm

Now, many things, as you see, may be the cause of this. Even something as small as your choice of AV.

Please update your computer specs, to the best of your ability, either in the User CP (this is best, as it'll always be there), or directly in this thread. We need additional info to see what's going on.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best of Luck,
Cat

Ask a Question