Windows Media Player Issue to Resolve

Reaction score
Having just installed the Beta release under MS Virtual PC, installation went smoothly apart from some minor issues to do with Networking and sound.

One issue I have found is a problem of trying to get Windows Media Player to work. Seem unable to play audio CD files or video such as DVDs or AVI files. Dragging and dropping such files to the player is ignored.

Has anyone else come acroos such issue?

Cheers from Mike :confused:

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There's a Media Player hotfix that might sort this out (I don't think it's listed, but as it's to do with media player it might be worth trying):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961367

Also, just to double check... are you dragging and dropping within the Windows 7 guest operating system, or from Host to Guest (using the additions package).

Reaction score
Thanks Ian - I'm already running with that patch and not dropping Host to Guest.

I'm now wondering if it is a simple case of insufficient resources within the Virtual PC environment although I get to apparent error messages.

I also notice that web content such as youtube videos fail to play properly - no sound and video pauses at short intervals..

Perhaps someone who uses Virtual PC can confirm findings?

Ask a Question