SOLVED Windows Media Centre

Reaction score
Am using a 12 week old HP laptop. When using WMC at first i could access drama, comedy, ski-fi & other programs all full lengh but now when i try i just get 5 options ie' news, sport, cars, entertainment + 1 other but they are short clips that last less than a couple of minuets. HP support suggested uninstalling & reinstalling WMC but to no avail. Have tried the search option in player with no luck. also looked through many forums for an answer. If anyone can help iwould be very gratefull. Fond regards, vtach

Reaction score
I beleive sometime around last month's Patch Tuesday that Microsoft simplified the look of Windows Media Center. It probably has something to do with the fact that Windows 8's version's of Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center are actually the same versions in Windows 7. They probably changed the appearance hoping to make customer's think it's a new version, instead of a 3 year old version. I

Reaction score
Many thanks brkkab123 for your quick response. Am not quite sure how to resolve this problem but hopefully the forum will solve it. Thanks vtach :)

Reaction score
WMC

Am using a 12 week old HP laptop. When using WMC at first i could access drama, comedy, ski-fi & other programs all full lengh but now when i try i just get 5 options ie' news, sport, cars, entertainment + 1 other but they are short clips that last less than a couple of minuets. HP support suggested uninstalling & reinstalling WMC but to no avail. Have tried the search option in player with no luck. also looked through many forums for an answer. If anyone can help iwould be very gratefull. Fond regards, vtach
PS sorry not solved at moment, vtach

Reaction score
It's unfixable. That's apparently how Microsoft wants it to look. That's just like this one. You change the names of My Documents, My Music & My Pictures to Documents, Music & Pictures. Works great until you run CheckDisk. After that they're all back with the My. They did away with the My fascination in Vista and then brought it back in 7. Apparently they forgot that the customer's already know that those 3 folders are theirs.

Reaction score
Thanks again brkkab123. Nice to get some revelent info, cheers, vtach

Ask a Question