SOLVED Windows Media Center question

Reaction score
I just got around to purchasing a extension cable and splitter, so I can record cable tv in Windows Media Center. My question is where does WMC store the Recorded TV shows at ? I have 2 WD Caviar Black 1.0 tb. hard drives on my computer. Drive 1 (C:) is for Windows & Programs only. Drive 2 (D:) Is for Contacts, Downloads. Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos, Movies, Saved Games and Searches. I'd also like the Recorded TV on drive D:. How do I accomplish this in Windows 7 Professional x64 ? P.s> this setup is eventually going to be hooked to a Powerline Network with a Xbox 360 3 rooms from computer for streaming WMC to my tv.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I believe it will be ...
C:\Users\Public\Libraries\RecordedTV

You can also have an option to see the Recorded TV link on the start menu under music & videos. To enable this, right-click the start orb & choose properties. Under the Start Tab hit Customize. About 2/3 of the way down in Recorded TV.

Reaction score
SOLVED. I found a way to move the Recorded TV in WMC. Settings > TV > Recorder > Recorder Storage > Click + next to where it list's C: on very top and you can scroll through drives/partitions then click Save. Extremely nice, especially if you ever have to do a re-install of Windows.

Reaction score
Screenshots of how it's done.

Here are some screenshots of how I did it and the end result.
I believe it will be ...
C:\Users\Public\Libraries\RecordedTV

You can also have an option to see the Recorded TV link on the start menu under music & videos. To enable this, right-click the start orb & choose properties. Under the Start Tab hit Customize. About 2/3 of the way down in Recorded TV.

Attachments

Ask a Question