Windows cannot find "D:\" - Windows 7

Reaction score
Hello folks,
I'm new here; I've been having an issue that came out of nowhere today. I've been trying to run a few PC games and whenever I'd select "Run Setup.exe" I'd get an error almost immediately saying that it could not find "D:\" or sometimes it would say it could not find the exe file. And lo and behold, I checked the files of this game and to my shock I could not find the game file with .exe, just the setup.exe file. I'm currently running a scan to see if I have somehow contracted a virus. This problem just seems to be with a few games: American Conquest: Fight Back and Zoo Tycoon. Any help would be appreciated!!!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
D: drive is probably your DVD-Rom. Some games require you to insert the original DVD/CD in order to play each time.

UPDATE: With a little research I was able to confirm those two games do expect you to insert the DVD/CD each time you play.

Ask a Question