SOLVED windows automatically goes to start up repair on boot

Reaction score
So yesterday when I tried to start up my computer it kept on taking me to start up repair and I tried restarting my computer several times but it kept taking me back to start up repair. I did some research online and found a few suggestions such as checking my disk and disabling automatic restart which I did all those but I still am getting the start up repair. So when I woke up this morning I finally decided I was going to reinstall windows 7 but when I booted from the cd everything was going well.... it said windows is loading files until it brought up the start up repair again. This is frustating as I need to use my computer is there anything I can do?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It is quite possible your hard drive needs replaced. Have you tested the hard drive for errors? Were you getting any S.M.A.R.T. messages when you booted the computer?

Reaction score
I fixed it this thread may be closed. And for anyone else having this same issue this video helped me.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If your hard drive is failing (getting more and more bad sectors that corrupt files) the startup repair may not help for very long. I still suggest you scan your hard drive for errors and if you find many bad sectors or if you are getting S.M.A.R.T. errors on boot-up, then you need to replace the drive

Ask a Question