SOLVED Windows Anytime Upgrade

Reaction score
Members,
I have crossed this road twice now,I just format and re installed my copy of RTM 7600 which has word on lable includes windows anytime upgrade.I mentioned this about month ago and catilley had not heard about this,I have read the EULA from start to finish all I can see that is different is my location I reside in Australia which would not usually have any changes to my install but can ANYONE help my copy is and must be same as everyone else RTM Ultimate in both 32 & 64 bit.

I searched this DVD and 32 bit DVD there are certificates for it five as well there are MUM files for every edition of win7 from Basic to Ultimate now my copy has NOT got this program windows anytime upgrade listed anywhere in control panel start button or on DVD HELP please can I download the windows anytime upgrade as the problem is when another version come good I wonder Just what can I do
X15-60566-01 (32bit) X15-60567-01(64bit) I cannot resolve this and it frustrates me to the max because it just is and should be ther???????????

any assistance is appreciated to whatever I have to do to resolve this its annoying when you know it has got it but how and where is it gone.
regards
jeffreyobrien

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Jeffrey, what you do is click onto Windows Anytime Upgrade and enter the COA that was issued to you when you bought it. I hope that you saved the email with this info, as this has the COA in it. I printed mine and stored it in a safe place. It will ask you for this serial to reinstall Pro (or whatever OS you moved up to). I called the number and asked if I had to recover from my recovery partition would my Anytime Upgrade (Pro 64 bit) still work. He gave me the above instructions that I gave you. Hope you have the email with the info, and that my post helps. If you need the phone #, it is 1-877-696-7786 (in the US). Good Luck.

Reaction score
Catilley,
Thank mate for your help,I have called microsoft as I never purchased the RTM it was a Gift from mark baun from Australian windows 7 team.Both DVD's have Windows Anytime Upgrade listed as (INCLUDES)windows anytime upgrade.Microsoft said QUOTE:the reason you cannot see the program is because there is still nothing to upgrade to,Ultimate to Enterprise I replied he answered No jeffrey as the RTM uses a different type of Activation all I have is the registration key(same for both 32bit &64 bit) & only 1 can be used at anyone time.
As it stands,I have tried to install win 7 again on another 32bit Hewlett & packard same deal NO windows Anytime Upgrade very weird catilley I will keep plugging Microsoft about this and to be thankful they gave the RTM to me as I had so much trouble with the 32bit Vista to 32bit win7 upgrade with HP Total care package nothing worked on my system.That is why Microsoft gave me these two RTM 7600 DVD's as their way of thanking me forbeing like yourself "genuine Microsoft Software"user since win 3.10 16 bit stuff wow we have come such a long way & I was happy to have this edition .I appreciate your assistance catilley.
thankfully
jeffreyobrien

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Jeffrey, I see that you have Windows 7 Ultimate. You are at the top of the pedestal, there's no upgrade possible for you, until the next Windows release. I wished I had a little more cash when I upgraded to Pro, Ultimate was $50 more. That's why it doesn't show in the Start Menu the Anytime Upgrade option, you've got it all! Enjoy! One thing for sure, when the next Windows is released, I'm going all the way myself. No more chump change OS for me, as long as my system will run it, when Windows 8 (or whatever it's name will be) is released, if the name is still Ultimate, that's what I'll have.

Reaction score
catilley,
yes mate your 100% correct as usual.I now realise this and I was also told that the RTM allows me to get Anytime upgrade as soon as something becomes available to upgrade to so once again thanks catilley.

respectfully
jeffreyobrien

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
If the current trend continues, the next version of Windows is three years away (give or take 6 months). Hopefully, the RC will be available with the next one just as it was with Windows 7. That would put it at two years (if Microsoft does the same as with 7). But for the time being, I'm satisfied. The next Windows will be very interesting to see. I have a hunch that it will be exclusively 64 bit, but that won't be known for certain until then. But the signs are pointing in that direction.

Reaction score
catilley1092,
I agree with you about next RC win 8 (Azure) whatever it might be,and again with the support of win 7 64 bit 7153 people like 64-bit Support so if this is the case I do know that all the major companies are now clearing out all the 32bit stock,here in australia harvey norman are selling their stock cheaper than usually priced maybe some changes are well and truely on the way?

Acer recalled some models because of the battery & many win7 Bios 7 other problems, all in all YES we should see the next "Genuine Microsoft Software"operating system being released in about two years which I personally hope it is only in 64 bit.remember they have the preview of IE9 out there we both are trying it & i cannot see Microsoft doing this just for win7 64 bit user's,i reckon it is the browser for Azure(win8).

Again thanks for your interesting information catilley1092 have a great day there my fellow "Genuine Microsoft Software"user :)

regards
jeffreyobrien

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Are there still 32 bit computers in your part of the world? You can find one here and there, but that's it. And they have Vista on them, and have jacked up the prices because there's no more 32 bit in the stores, except those little playtoy netbooks. I'm thinking of buying one of those for my granddaughter, she's 4 years old now, and always wants to mess with my desktop. But it may be best to wait until she starts school in two years. She's spoiled rotten, I just want her to have better things than I did growing up. But I do agree with you on the browser (the IE9 preview). I doubt it will be fully developed until at least the RC of Windows 8 is here. That's the rawest browser I've ever seen, it will be quite some time before it's ready to roll. And I share your hope on the 64 bit deal, as long as they honor their word to keep XP available until 2014 for businesses sake. If they do that, most of the hardware will be gone by then (32 bit) and the issue will be dead anyway.

Reaction score
Catilley1092,
yes mate when win7 was released here 22nd October 2009 all the stores here are selling are 32bit vista run platforms with free upgrade offered,now in my example(CQ61-212TU) when I went to purchase it i requested a 64bit system which the salesman sold me it (CQ61-212TU)telling me that when win 7 arrives Just select 64 bit.(WRONG)all the companies sold and still are selling everything 32bit now very cheap.That is why Microsoft come good with the RTM.I contacted Hewlett & Packard and purchased the Bios as they alter them (BIOS) to suit Vista and upgrade however only in 32bit.

I installed the new x64bit bios as my intel processors were built for 64bit & now I have an awesome system.Catilley my view here in australia we still are at least three to four years behind you lucky people our Government have promised to supply a fibre optic internet experience which will match the USA by 2015 and microsoft have mentioned that in 2014 when XP is finally finished support their ideal plan here ,I can see that by 2015-2020 the internet will be used by faster more powerful systems as the technology is growing so fast here i have trouble keeping up to speed.

I am like you my grandchildren are all so better off than I was as a child,we just purchased an atom 2.4ghz with XP on it for $300.00 new.Little fella is five he is Just like he has been here before the way he uses the computer is very much like right out there as we only had a small box of coloured wooden blocks to learn maths with.These lucky children have Hi Def and now 3D HDMI TV.XBox,playstations and the list goes on mate they are the choosen ones to carry on our legacey Just imagine the entire world and all its populations using computers to do everything (Terminator) still sits in back of my memory he he he LOL.

I really agree that 32bit is well and truely on way out.& yes the IE9 preview well mate if it were to be different why even make such a raw browser and let us have it,to be the judge (to keep us 64bit user's happy) it will be here in 2020 catilley in all it's Glory."Genuine Microsoft Software User" Windows 8 yeah for sure it will be in 64bit only,I also reckon it will be the operating system of them all.best is yet to come.

have a great day whatever you Do
regards
jeffreyobrien

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I find it unusual that you had to "buy" a BIOS update from HP. I have always gotten BIOS updates for free from the computer or motherboard makers websites.

Unless you had to install a new BIOS EPROM chip, then that is understandable.

So far as internet access is concerned, Europe is way ahead of the rest of the world when it comes to fiber optic connections and DL speeds.

I enjoyed playing with colored blocks, liked my Erector set too! When I was 14 I got a HeathKit 50-In-1 electronics workshop. The bug bit hard and I haven't looked back since.

Reaction score
SOLVED] Windows Anytime Upgrade

Nibiru2012,

under warranty here in australia as well being a T.I.O. ombudsman matter I paid for the altered flashed bios from HP to make my case the computer shouldn't have been sold to me as it stood.

Nibiru2012 it is unusual to "buy" a BIOS update from HP for a normal update this paticular legal matter I had to cover my self so that HP were made liable.As you would probably know when the companies flash and change their bios to suit a certian model or 32bit OEM,it is not as simple as downloading the right (correct)bios and that is why I paid for it if they (HP)sold me one that was not compatible then my system warranty were out the door in the rubbish.

Seems that the way you grew up & had toys etc as a child has stuck true for that you have a better understanding of everything relating to computers,I have read you are very knowledgable & IT computer hardware,software are no real problem for you I say this as a complement I think your very intelligent especially with Microsoft and computers.

have a awesome day

respectfully
jeffreyobrien

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Mr. O'Brian:

I am certainly humbled now! That was a pleasant response from you to say the least.

I am all self-taught when it come to all this computer gobbledygook. If I had gotten paid for all the countless hours I have spent with M$ and hardware and software I could retire and be driving a top-of-the-line BMW screaming through high desert country of southwest Texas. LOL

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Nibiru, is that HeathKit anything like the 50-in-1 & 100-in-1 that Radio Shack used to have when I was young? If so, it was good to work and learn with. That was over 30 years ago for me.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Yes it was, although the HeathKit was using higher grade electronic parts. Plus you could build an Amateur Radio morse code transmitter with it. Lot of different things to build with it. I did all my HeathKit stuff in the mid-60s. Built three different radios plus the above kit. My Dad used to worry that the FCC would show one day at the front door! LOL

Back in its day, HeathKit made some really top-quality electronic kits. From the '50s through the '70s their kits were bar-none to any other kit maker. Every HAM radio operator I knew had at least one or two HeathKit products, usually more.

Reaction score
Nibiru2012
Radio shack now when I was about 13 we had Tandy Electronics here in australia & i was told that was radio Shack anyway thats where I found the first Commodore 64 computer with 1mb ram & that took appollo 11 to the moon wow they could be worse off but I wonder how they would have been using win7 LOL
thanks for reply
respectfully
jeffreyobrien

Ask a Question