Windows 8

Reaction score
Microsoft is already preparing for Windows 8 which is going to be released some time in 2012 and Microsoft is looking ahead of Office 2010 and looking at Office 2012. Office 2012 is going to be released around the same time as Windows 8.:):burnout:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
This is no surprise. Microsoft has released a new OS every 3 to 4 years (except in the XP era). And they will continue to do so, although I doubt another flop like Vista and ME will be released. They will no doubt do extensive beta research before releasing any OS. With Windows 7 in place, there's no need to hurry. They need to shift some of their fine talent to improving IE before moving on to another OS, and IE8 should not be a part of Windows 8.

Reaction score
This is no surprise. Microsoft has released a new OS every 3 to 4 years (except in the XP era). And they will continue to do so, although I doubt another flop like Vista and ME will be released. They will no doubt do extensive beta research before releasing any OS. With Windows 7 in place, there's no need to hurry. They need to shift some of their fine talent to improving IE before moving on to another OS, and IE8 should not be a part of Windows 8.
what do you mean (except in the XP era).?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
What he's saying is that from 2001 to 2007 there were no new Windows operating systems released by Microsoft. There were service pack releases but that's all.

Maybe catilley1092's use of "era" is a little confusing, since it is still the major Windows OS currently in use.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
what do you mean (except in the XP era).?
What I meant was back around 4 to 5 years ago, XP was at the top of their game, their prime. Although the majority of Windows users are still using XP, it's fading, and fading fast. Too, XP is about to fall into the phase where you get only security updates and patches. No more service packs, no new features, any support you can get will be paid support. By this time next year, you'll see where I'm coming from.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
XP was a great OS and its had its day ... time to move on and Windows 7 is the new kiddie on the block !.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
You said that right, Veedaz! By the summer, we'll be #2 and fast closing in on XP's butt. They (XP) withstood against Vista, but don't have a chance against us.

Reaction score
Microsoft beta research extensively,

Windows 7 might be in place but to what extent, have you read any of the problems on this forum alone, or do you just go blindly through life. And windows 8 has been announced because 7 is not up to par.

Reaction score
You said that right, Veedaz! By the summer, we'll be #2 and fast closing in on XP's butt. They (XP) withstood against Vista, but don't have a chance against us.
And XP will hold its own against windows 7.

Who is us, you work for Microsoft or just a wannabee !

That 1092 mean you only 18 ?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
And XP will hold its own against windows 7.

Who is us, you work for Microsoft or just a wannabee !

That 1092 mean you only 18 ?
"Us", are those who are using and enjoying Windows 7, and are contributing members of this forum. Don't bother taking my word for it, but XP WILL be knocked to the #2 slot, in the not too distant future. Sure, there are those who are having problems, but the majority of those seeking help are not bashing Windows 7. We join the forum, post whatever questions or concerns we have, most are thankful. Some stays, becoming contributing members, some comes and goes. Your posts are becoming more and more arrogant, and are becoming a distraction to this forum. You like XP and Win 2K, take them and use them, and when you cannot get any more support for them, buy yourself a new computer with whatever Windows version is in place at that time. You have at least four years, so start putting some money up for it, and stop being a jerk around here.

Reaction score
I heard before but when will it be released exactly?
I'm thinking it will be at least two years before a release date will be discussed. Windows 7 is still young and will have a few years on its belt before a new OS is to be released.

PS - My personal opinion :)

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
catilley1092 - you sure told that MonsterKFX dude off! Thanks :) He certainly has issues; hope he's not married.

When you refer to the operating systems as "we" and "us" - Windows 7 and "they" Windows XP... you anthropomorphize the software, treating it as if it were human or with human-like qualities. Amazing how us humans do that sometimes.

I just found it humorous is all, no issues. I see what you mean though, number of users of 7 versus XP or Vista.

The rate at which Windows 7 is selling and being adopted is astronomical. In three short months over 90 million copies sold! Outselling any previous version of Windows, Linux or MAC ever!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
catilley1092 - you sure told that MonsterKFX dude off! Thanks :) He certainly has issues; hope he's not married.

When you refer to the operating systems as "we" and "us" - Windows 7 and "they" Windows XP... you anthropomorphize the software, treating it as if it were human or with human-like qualities. Amazing how us humans do that sometimes.

I just found it humorous is all, no issues. I see what you mean though, number of users of 7 versus XP or Vista.

The rate at which Windows 7 is selling and being adopted is astronomical. In three short months over 90 million copies sold! Outselling any previous version of Windows, Linux or MAC ever!
When I'm saying "we" or "us", I'm referring to the happy Windows 7 users family. Obviously, those of us who are contributing members here are happy with the OS. This is a Windows 7 forum, and although we discuss other OS's at times, 7 is our main one. By no means, do I consider any OS human, but I see every day the rise of Windows 7, and it's like we're a team on a roll. I read various tech reports almost daily, and the sales figures, reports, feedback and overall customer satisfaction proves that. And that makes me feel good, being on the side with momentum behind it. Honestly, who wants to be with the team on a downslide?

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Microsoft beta research extensively,

Windows 7 might be in place but to what extent, have you read any of the problems on this forum alone, or do you just go blindly through life. And windows 8 has been announced because 7 is not up to par.

Are you implying that Windows 7 has more problems than previous OS's?
I could link you to many site examples, but, I have just switched from a very experienced and long lived site, which deals with all the OS,s (including Linux, Fwiw!)
In "New Posts" Windows 7, since yesterday, has 8 requests for help (NOT discussion). Windows XP, over the same period, has 25.
I do not go blidly through life, or posts. You would appear to do so. If you study the Windows 7 posts, many are concerned with navigation to, and use of, features. This is to be expected with an innovative OS, particular coming straight from XP. A moot point, I would agree, but a very significant requests are concerned with installation, and are obviously, in many of those posts, a question of from where the source material was obtained

Nibiru: "He certainly has issues; hope he's not married" That could be the problem, he is - lol.
Signed
US

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I'm thinking it will be at least two years before a release date will be discussed. Windows 7 is still young and will have a few years on its belt before a new OS is to be released.

PS - My personal opinion :)
Yes i would think it will be two years as it would also not make economic sense pushing out Windows 8 soon after Windows 7.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I agree, Microsoft has way too much money to be made with Windows 7. It's still in it's infancy. I mean billions of dollars. Windows 7 will thrive for many years to come, and for those with 32 bit systems, it's the end of the road. As popular as it's (Win 7) becoming, Windows 8 may have problems selling any time soon. Why upgrade when you don't need to? I may try out the RC of Win 8, but I'll probably run 7 as long as I own this PC.

Ask a Question