Windows 8 Progress

Reaction score
I read an article about Windows 8 at PC World (link is here) and it talks about some predictions that we might see.

Has any development started on this yet and will there be a release date in mind already?

There is lots of talk about Mesh and Cloud technology, so it looks like Win8 could be totally different to what we are using now.

Reaction score
Fascinating Couple of articles. It's going to be an interesting couple of years watching how the various cloud technologies develop and how microsoft incorporates Live Mesh into our lives.

Reaction score
tut tut tut.. all the people posting comments on that article saying it was a waste of time.
The idea of cloud computing sounds fantastic, but it requires Internet access. I know that in the coming future, more and more people will be able to get high quality internet, but there will still be some left.

If you follow the link to the article on cloud computing, you realise that unless Mac makes a move the "clouding" soon, they will lose out big time.

Primarily I use my computer for gaming, so my question is how are Google going to get games to work through a completely clouded system? As I'm sure we all know, games are big programs, and if everything needs to downloaded before it can be used, then we will need phenomenal internet speeds to run games through the web. So, for now, I'll go for Microsoft's semi-cloud OS.

Reaction score
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]G0r6tINInrw[/MEDIA]"]YouTube - Windows 8 "Preview"[/ame]
Don't knw whether real or fake but if its real den it wud b like in heaven:adore: 2 work wid windows really looking 4ward 4 it hope dey does not create vista 2:p but as of now impatiently w8ing 4 windows 7 retail release.

Ask a Question