Windows 8 Milestone 1

Reaction score
Microsoft has just finished Windows 8 Milestone 1 Just a short time ago and here are some pictures of Windows 8 Milestone 1. Note: This is not the finished version which is still a long way off. However Windows 8 should be released in late 2012.

By the look of Windows 8 Milestone 1 it's gonna be like Windows 7 and not have many changes.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
ROFL. The version stamp on the first screenshot clearly says "7057," one one of the earlier pre-RC betas of Windows 7.

Also, if it were indeed a milestone build, it'd still have all of the Windows 7 branding.

Nice hoax.

Reaction score
My Freind's Friend Who works in Microsoft Technet sent them to my freind and my freind sent them to me and aparantly they are correct. Windows 8 Milestone 1 Is 7504 date stamped 15/9/2009.

If you'd like google it up on google or go to technet (you need to be a member though).

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I just hope that IE8 won't be included with the final package.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
They are very obviously fakes. The overwriting of the relevant portions of the text have been quite crudely done.
Coco, with respect and friendlieness,. I would advise you do not post alleged news from Microsoft starting
"My Freind's Friend Who works in Microsoft Technet "

Fwiw. I have been a member of Technet for some years, and visit the forum on a daily basis. Apart from general discussion regarding the next OS, I have not seen anything that would substantiate this rumour.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
It states that it's a malformed video ID, and I like Firefox better.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeeaaaaah, all of these pictures are taken from this Windows 8 concept video someone created: [ame="[MEDIA=youtube]G0r6tINInrw[/MEDIA]"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

This isn't Windows 8 at all, and M1--which doesn't exist yet--will look exactly the same as Windows 7. No UI work occurs until around beta time.

Reaction score
So Why are sites saying Windows 8 M1 is out and the pictures are fake. so what's the big drama becuase people like me fall for it.

And how did it get around so fast when it's not done.

So I will leave it at that.:confused::(:mad:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
So Why are sites saying Windows 8 M1 is out and the pictures are fake. so what's the big drama becuase people like me fall for it.

And how did it get around so fast when it's not done.

So I will leave it at that.:confused::(:mad:
People like attention, so they create fake screenshots - they did it with Vista and Windows 7 before they came out, and will continue to do so. Those pics are 1000000% fake ;) Windows 8 is still a long way from M1 stage.

Reaction score
Here is the only REAL screen shot of windows 8. My dead uncles brothers, mothers, sons, best friends dead dog's old owner is Bill Gate's lawn care and got the hook up.

Reaction score
That's not Windows 8. You mean 98 because that's what is is or possibly NT 4.0 or Windows 95. Not even windows XP/Vista/7 look like that

Reaction score
It's definitely Windows 8. They've just decided to use a throwback UI.

Reaction score
I'am Not buying windows 8 when it's going to look like that when it's copyed from some thing they already projuced and it's the same!!!!!!!!:(

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Here is the only REAL screen shot of windows 8. My dead uncles brothers, mothers, sons, best friends dead dog's old owner is Bill Gate's lawn care and got the hook up.

That almost looks like the version of Win 2K Pro that I still have, mabye one version before.

Reaction score
Not a very good base to start from. Is it? Why don't they start by using windows 7 as the base and then add and change. Then they only change what they want, saving time.

Ask a Question