Windows 7 won't start

Reaction score
Today my laptop froze and after restarting I can't go into Windows. If I don't touch anything it goes to a screen where I can choose to repair windows or start windows normally. The repair doesn't work and there's only a blue screen with an arrow and any attempt to start windows in safe mode restarts it.

I've been trying to reinstall or do a custom install with imagefiles from an USB but so far with no luck. It always get stuck on setup loading right after choosing language and clicking install. I don't have a DVD burner on this old XP computer so I can't burn a DVD, but if the install will surely work better with a DVD I can probably borrow one from someone.

I really don't know what I should do. My computer is a HP G62.a31SO notebook pc.

Reaction score
I think something terrible happened to your windows registry or core windows files
Do a system restore form the recovery options
Sometimes it can be a virus
do a virus scan using Kaspersky Rescue disc http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208282173

I hope you have a cd drive and know how to burn an iso to a cd and boot from it
The last option is to create a bootable USB from which you can install windows

In your post you said XP and the heading says windows 7

Which version do you have 32 bit or 64 bit ? XP or Windows 7 ?
Can your notebook read DVDs .Burning is no problem if you have friends with dvd burners

Ask a Question