SOLVED The WIA (Windows Image Acquisition) service won't Start.

Reaction score
Having problem with WIA in Services. The WIA (Windows Image Acquisition) service won't Start. When I try to start it, I get a 1068 Error: the dependency group or servie failed to start. This prevents my scanner program from working. I have had a problem with this before but HP has helped me in June & July of this year by steering me to the Services. Several weeks ago I had to restart it and it performed OK. Now I have the problem noted above. Runnng Win7 Pro.

Reaction score
Figured this one out by myself. Went into Services/Window Image Acquisition. Noted that another dependency group for WIA was the Shell Hardware Detection service. It was not running. Was able to get it started, then returned to the WIA service and was then able to get it started. Checked the HP Scan program and it is now working. (To get into services: Search services, click on services and Services dialog opens)

Ask a Question