Windows 7 won't recognize sim card (in reader)

Reaction score
On my PC there is a card reader connected. It shows up as 4 different drives when I look at "My Computer" and elsewhere. One of the slots in the reader is for sim cards. When a sim card is inserted a Windows sound is heard and the "Installing Device Driver" window shows up but then another window stating the installation was not successful. Any further action from within windows does not solve the problem. I tried an external card reader connected via USB and the same negative results. this was tried with 3 different sim cards. Any solutions out there?

Reaction score
If you have windows 7 then connect it and just update windows and observe.
Thanks for your help. Yes, I do have Windows 7 and it was connected and all updates were there when it was done. The problem is actually with win7 when it comes to that. Problem was solved however by using 3d party software.
The real problem of course, as to why I wanted to get info from my sim card was because I had just installed iTubes 1st time on new PC and this 1st attempt at a backup deleted all my contacts. If you have any idea as to how I can get those back from my iPhone 3G please let me know.

Thanks again

Ask a Question