SOLVED Windows 7 VERY SLOW

Reaction score
hi, i have a hp 510 series laptop with an Intel celeron M processor, 1.40GHz, and 2.0GB RAM. i have the build 7100 evaluation version of windows 7 ultimate. the computer powers and starts up fine, but very very very slow when i get to the desktop. i had itunes on it, and realized that my whole machine froze when it tried to start. i took it off, but it is still slow. my cpu only stays at about 10%. i started it in safe mode with networking, and it is going fast again. any solutions/suggestions?
PS i have a system cleaner (CCleaner) installed and that doesn't help either

Reaction score
Hi jeff70racer - Welcome to w7forums

Do you know how many programs are loading at startup?
You can increase performance by reducing the number of programs that load at startup.

You stated you have CCleaner so if you look in CCleaner under the Tools tab. You sill see a Startup Button, click this Startup Button to see a list of programs that are loading when Windows starts.

If you are not using the programs daily then they should not be loading at startup. Application will generally load the resources they need when you start the Application. There is no need in them using CPU & Memory until you are ready for the Application.

Intel® Celeron® M Processor 360 (1M Cache, 1.40 GHz, 400 MHz FSB)
Personally I will not recommend Windows 7 on a single core 2.5GHz or less computer.

Ask a Question