Windows 7 Ultimate

Reaction score
Is anyone going to bother getting the "Ultimate" version of Windows 7? People that paid extra for the Ultimate version of Vista didn't see to get much for their money - a couple of games and extra background videos.

If it doesn't cost much more, then I may do it, but I'd need to see that it was worth while. :pcguru:

Reaction score
Ian: I hope this is okay if I link to the site I represent, because this post answers spearace's question. If you want to nuke it, please feel free. I understand.

@spearace: This post will explain what each version of Windows offers you. I personally do not feel that Ultimate will be worth whatever premium it will undoubtedly command.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian: I hope this is okay if I link to the site I represent, because this post answers spearace's question. If you want to nuke it, please feel free. I understand.
That's fine ;) You've already proved yourself to be a great member of the site, and the link answers the question perfectly :)

From the table you posted in that link, the only thing I would miss is VHD booting - but it's not the end of the world. Home Premium would probably suit me fine, but I'd go for the Professional version if it doesn't cost much more (because of the backup/RDP features).

Reaction score
Home Premium for me. It is for home use. None of the enterprise features interest me which is as it should be. If Ultimate had features of interest to home users that were lacking in Home Premium then Microsoft would have screwed up.

Reaction score
Thank you Thrax, that confirms my suspicions and I will be getting the Home Premium version. Like Patrick, I don't use any of those other features there's no point in paying anything extra.

OEM versions of Windows don't seem too expensive, I just need to buy some hardware to go with it ;)

Reaction score
yeah just not justifiable to pay the extra when not many people will use all those features, i'll be happy with home premium. altho still happy with Win XP lol. Windows 7 has a good feel about it already so i'll prolly upgrade the day it comes out

Reaction score
if u use the ultimate version, u are able to use the bitlocker feature which is very useful to protect your data in laptop for example...

Ask a Question