Windows 7 Ultimate Title Missing

Reaction score
This is probably a trivial question but.....I just installed a clean Windows 7 Ultimate OS onto a laptop that had Windows XP on it. I low-level formatted the drive, then installed Windows 7 Ultimate. Everything works fine since the install over a week ago, but then today I noticed that on the desktop page just above the taskbar on the bottom, the title "Windows 7 Ultimate" is now gone. I don't know why it disappeared but from a personal point of view, I'd like to have it there. I have 2 other computers (a desktop & a laptop) with Windows 7 Ultimate on them and the title is there...so why this did one initially have it....but now it's gone? Thanks in advance.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Just FYI, low-level formatting newer hard drives is NOT recommended.

My first instinct is that you are talking about the desktop background wallpaper. Please try this ... go to Control Panel > Personalization. In the Personalization window click on the Desktop Background (bottom left). Now make sure the "Picture Position" is set to Stretch or Fit, not Fill. Click "Save Changes".

If that doesn't fix it, could you take a screenshot on one of your computers that has the logo and post it so we can see it?

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, but no...that didn't solve the problem. I'm at work right now so when I get home later tonight, I'll post the screenshots so you can see the difference.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Also what is your screen resolution?

Ask a Question