Windows 7 ultimate on a macbook

Reaction score
i'm running parallels and when i go to install (fresh) windows 7 it fails because it tried to install a 64 bit version which is not compatible however i never seen a option to install a 32 bit version any help would be appreciated

Reaction score
Hi wooz - Welcome to w7forums

There is not an option to choose 32-Bit or 64-Bit on Windows 7 Install Disk. Both versions have there own disk. The retail version packages both disk in the box. If you purchased OEM version then you only have one disk.

Which version are you installing, the Retail or OEM?
If OEM you may need to see about switching the disk. Or you could purchase the 32-bit OEM and then you would have two keys for either bit version you decided to install. The keys are not bit specific and will work with either one.

Are you absolutely positive your hardware will not support the 64-Bit install?

Reaction score
windows 7 ultimate on macbook

thx cooley but there is a file named sperr32.exe that if i click on it it gives me the message 64 bit won't work weird i would assume that is the 32 setup start file

Reaction score
thx cooley but there is a file named sperr32.exe that if i click on it it gives me the message 64 bit won't work weird i would assume that is the 32 setup start file
The best I can tell is that error is due to trying the install 64-Bit from within an existing 32-Bit OS. Have you tried to install by booting to the DVD?

Please note that I am not an Apple user and have no experience with Macbooks and their OS's. Are you dual booting the Mac OS and Windows with Bootcamp?

Reaction score
i have booted from the dvd and it is in parallels not bootcamp it auto selects 64 bit

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I have zero experience with Mac's, can you run a VM inside of it?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Then, is it possible for you to run it in a VM? I know it's not the perfect solution, but if there's no other way, it may be the only choice you have. But please note, do this if it's your only option. I play around with VM's, but you have an expensive piece of software there.

Reaction score
fixed it with a 32 bit disk loaded fine different disks needed for 64 & 32 bit

Ask a Question