SOLVED Windows 7 System_service_exception BSOD

Reaction score
Hello. I've got a bit of a problem at the moment and hope you can help me out.
Recently I've been getting a ton of random crashes on Windows 7 and I've tried near every quick fix and restore I can think of. The error always states a System_service_exception and sometimes also lists win32k.sys as well. Using system restore fixes it for a few days but eventually it seems to come back and I cant really figure out whats triggering it. My drivers all appear to be updated but I can't be too sure. So I'll attach the dump files on here and hope someone can figure this out.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi there.

No, Windows doesn't fix bsod problems, contrary to its messages that may imply so.

As I always, whenever someone says drivers are updated, I laugh to myself. Never have I seen one instance in all my years.

Let's fix this memory corruption.

First. Uninstall AVG in safe mode using the tool found here:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/78961-av-uninstallers.html#post690306

Then boot to normal mode and install MSE to replace. Your computer will thank you 8 million times over.

-----------

Update your Atheros Gigabit ethernet controller driver:

Code:
L1C62x64 L1C62x64.sys Mon Jul 27 03:04:36 2009
Visit your motherboard's website for it.

----------

Update all your Logitech devices' drivers (mouse, keyboard, gamepad if one etc..)

Code:
LMouFilt LMouFilt.Sys Wed Jun 17 12:49:43 2009
LHidFilt LHidFilt.Sys Wed Jun 17 12:49:39 2009
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support-downloads

----------

Update your video card driver:

Code:
nvlddmkm nvlddmkm.sys Tue Jan 12 00:26:35 2010
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

----------
Navigate to C:\Windows\SysWow64\drivers and delete this driver:

Code:
AsIO     AsIO.sys     Mon Apr 06 03:21:08 2009
Reboot.

----------

If you follow all this precisely, your pc will be well. Enjoy. if you have further crashes, please post the dumps so I can see what you missed doing.

Reaction score
Damn...AVG's gone n stabbed me in the back. Well 16 million thanks to you then for helping me out with this. I did all the above and ran into a few bsod's when doing the final part and installing the Vidcard Driver. But now everything seems to be working alright. However i'll be back with another dump file if i do have further issues, thanks.

Reaction score
Hm. Well it happened again just a few minutes after this post. Blamed memory_management. I put up the dump file for it so if you could please tell me what I may have missed, thanks.

Attachments

Reaction score
You haven't missed anything. Good job with the updates. All the drivers are great now. That means you have a RAM problem. You'll likely have to replace the RAM.

You can test with Memtest86+ overnight to see if it shows errors. Sometimes, it's necessary to isolate the defective module by removing all other sticks and then running the test of the single one.

My guess is that it probably will show errors fairly early.

-------

You can update the motherboard bios if one is available but that's not very likely to help. It might though.

Reaction score
I see. Alright I'll do that overnight then see what comes up.

Reaction score
Well I ran memtest over night and then some, a total of 15 hours, with no apparent errors according to what it said.

So..bios update?

Edit: Also after posting this I had another crash. Heres the dump file.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sure, updating the bios to latest is always a good thing.

I don't see any antivirus installed. It's possible the machine is compromised in some way. Download, install and run Malwarebytes after updating its definitions. Let it scan and remove all it finds.

-----

Actually, I did notice that you have a very slightly older version of PowerISO. Install the latest of this to update, although I very much doubt it's involved:

http://www.PowerISO.com

Reaction score
Alright uh. Already had Malaware bytes installed,updated and scanned. Not a thing. also had another Crash. I updated the Bios afterwards so now i'll see if it fixes anything. Another one for ya.

Attachments

Reaction score
Did you test the memory modules one at a time to see if errors are shown like this?

Reaction score
Yeah.
One over night the other during work, about the same amount of time over all. bout 8 hrs for one and 7 ish for the other.

Edit : oddly enough now after having taken the memory sticks out between memtesting and cleaning some small bits of dust off, I have yet to crash at all.

I'm beginning to think it was just dirty or needed to be reseated :p Thanks for the help anyway though.

Last edited:

Ask a Question