windows 7 system_service_exception BSOD...

Reaction score
Hello,

I am using windows 7 home 64-bit, using chrome as my browser.

So I am getting this system service exception BSOD since yesterday (twice in the space of 12 hours) and contrary to most people who have posted a topic on here complaining about this BSOD message, it happens only when I play a video on youtube.

Thing is, both these BSODs happened when I opened a youtube video (it's quite random, but happens 1 in 7 times I guess). I used to get BSODs when youtubing, but this was solved by turning off 'hardware acceleration' in flash player.
Now after I got my second BSOD using youtube, I started checking around and yep, Chrome automatically updated my flash player two days ago and this one has no option to turn hardware acceleration on/off...

I even did a stability test by using internet explorer with still an older version of flash player on it and ran about 12 youtube videos simultaneously. No problems at all.

However, I have little knowledge about computers when it comes to technicalities and deeper stuff, so I would be grateful if someone could check these two dump files of my crashes yesterday evening and this morning and see if it might be something else. And if not, what I can do about this incompatibility with the newest flash...

Thanks...

Attachments

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
1) What antivirus/malware solution do you use and have you scanned your system lately?

2) Have you applied all available updates from Microsoft Update? Including service packs.

3) What is the make and model of your computer, and do you use wired or wireless connection?

At first glance, this is probably a driver issue, provided a malware scan comes out clear. Two drivers connected with the BSODS, nwifi.sys and afd.sys, are both network adapter drivers. If all Microsoft Update patches have been applied without cure, then I would suggest downloading and installing the most recent manufacturer drivers for your wifi and ethernet adapters. I asked for your system info in case you have difficulty locating such drivers.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
From the DMPs I can see Service Pack 1 (SP1) is not installed. I cannot promise it is the solution to your issue but it should be installed just to make sure it isn't part of the problem.

You should read the thread on How to get BSOD debugging assistance >>HERE<<

Reaction score
1) What antivirus/malware solution do you use and have you scanned your system lately?

2) Have you applied all available updates from Microsoft Update? Including service packs.

3) What is the make and model of your computer, and do you use wired or wireless connection?

At first glance, this is probably a driver issue, provided a malware scan comes out clear. Two drivers connected with the BSODS, nwifi.sys and afd.sys, are both network adapter drivers. If all Microsoft Update patches have been applied without cure, then I would suggest downloading and installing the most recent manufacturer drivers for your wifi and ethernet adapters. I asked for your system info in case you have difficulty locating such drivers.
Hello and thanks.

1) I use malwarebytes and superantispyware and scan regularly (just used both to make sure and nothing but some tracking cookies was found by superantispyware).

2) Nope, I will do so I guess... I normally am not a fan of updates when things are running smoothly and have not done a windows update in ages. Updates usually caused me more trouble than not... but I guess this is the time to do it.

3) I have a Sony Vaio VPCF11S1E/B laptop, recently did a clean install due to installing of new Samsung SSD 840 250GB TLC SSD, got a few of the essential drivers from the official site for my model: http://www.sony.nl/support/nl/product/VPCF11S1E_B/updates.
I have attached a screenshot showing my network driver which I got from the sony site for my laptop model...

Do you believe I should go beyond the network driver provided by Sony for my laptop and find the newest on the intel website?

From the DMPs I can see Service Pack 1 (SP1) is not installed. I cannot promise it is the solution to your issue but it should be installed just to make sure it isn't part of the problem.

You should read the thread on How to get BSOD debugging assistance >>HERE<<
Thank you and I have used cpu-z to include some extra screenshots now.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Do you have any idea what the two unknown devices are?

I'm concerned the Base System Device may be for some part of your motherboard.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Yes, I'd rather use Intel's drivers than Sony's, but I would only do it after applying all the available Microsoft Update patches.

Ask a Question