SOLVED Windows 7 refuses to update.

Reaction score
Recently, I've just had my Toshiba Satellite L750/L755 repaired and windows 7 reinstalled, after which the repair shop updated windows on the 17th January, last. I set it searching for updates and it just keeps going on and on, in the end there's no updates. Since getting it back home I've installed the following software, Office 2010, AVG Internet security, Nitro 8. that's all.

But, it will not update from Microsoft, any ideas would be Gratefully received.

Reaction score
Hello Tez,

If the issue is not already resolved, send the windows updates log files for further analysis.
To get the log files: Press the Windows Key + R on the keyboard. type: %windir%\Windowsupdate.log and click OK. A text file will open up. Copy the contents of the text file and post it in reply.

Thanks,
Edwin.

Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for their input, in particular "TrainableMan" I reinstalled windows 7 following your suggestion and it worked brilliant. Now I have a problem, I'm unable to access the net via my computer, as it seems to have removed all the drivers for such, that's not the end of the World, I have other means of getting onto the Net. Thanks for Help. Regards Tez

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Use another computer to visit your computer (or Motherboard) manufacturers website and download the latest LAN driver (if using a wired connection) or the latest wi-fi driver (if wireless) for the computer that cannot connect; put it on a flash drive and then move it to the disconnected computer. Install the driver from the flash drive so you can connect to the web again.

Ask a Question