Windows 7 Recovery Partition - Discussion

Reaction score
Thank you for that usefull information!!! That will save me the trouble of fumbling around the web looking for it :D Now I can carry around that information with my other stuff for quick reference. Thanks again!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That is very useful information, Ian. I'm going to print it out and file it, for quick access to it.

Reaction score
nice information

Very useful Information. Presented in a very beautiful way. :)

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot! Very usefull info!
Though, could you please add the Samsung Recovery Utility?

Thanks,
Fire Cat

Reaction score
Is ther a way to create a Recovery Partition on a computer that you built yourself. If so, how and with which software. My last computer came with Windows XP Home SP1. When I updated it to Windows Vista the program that came with my computer was Phoenix MBR F4 Recovery. This program wasn't compatible with Windows Vista or Windows 7. Are there any like it that are ?
Please leave any feedback about the Windows 7 Recovery Partition article in this thread.

Reaction score
Surely it's far better to avoid brand name computers and have a machine built by a local person, and ask for a FULL installation disc to be supplied. This applies of course to desk tops only. In addition, you get a machine without loads of trial programs that you do not want, and just think, NO NORTON OR McAFFEE.:D

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Is ther a way to create a Recovery Partition on a computer that you built yourself. If so, how and with which software. My last computer came with Windows XP Home SP1. When I updated it to Windows Vista the program that came with my computer was Phoenix MBR F4 Recovery. This program wasn't compatible with Windows Vista or Windows 7. Are there any like it that are ?
A recovery partition I'm not sure of, but you can make a backup image of your C drive which is essentially the same thing.

A very good, free program for you to use would be Macrium Reflect Free.

Go here to check it out: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp

It's fast, user-friendly and doesn't hog resources.

Reaction score
Yes, I've used Macrium Reflect on my Vista x64 pc. I'd rather find a program like the Phoenix MBR F4 Recovery that came with my Windows XP pc. See, I'm building my own Windows 7 pc and was wonderiing if I could get any currnet programs that would make a hidden restore partition after I have Windows 7, my other software installed, setup and updated, so I can resore it to that time in about 10 - 15 minutes like the Phoenix program did on XP. I'd rather do this than waste hour's on clean install's every 2- 3 moths like I'm doing with Vista.
I use ACRONIS.:)

Reaction score
Great stuff.....BUT...the proverbial but...I know.

This is all find and dandy...here's the but part...What do you do when the cutomer/client PC has no recovery partition because of an inadvertent deletion of said partition and has never made the recovery disc's. And using all the said instructions in your "fine post" doesn't work for said brand. What to do?

I have seen where the C: drive in disk management still lists the hidden partition as D: drive but doesn't say healthy recovery, instead it just ESIA.

The only recourse I've found was to order the recovery discs from said manufacturer for my clients.

I sure would like to know how to recover from the ESIA partition, if at all possible.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not if you need to reset the computer to factory conditions.

Like I said, say the clients PC is so dorked up with Virus's and trojans/worms and the like that it cant be repaired, that the client has accidentally deleted the recovery software that a branded PC uses and has also accidentally deleted the recoery partition. The client has not made the recovery discs for their PC. So what is the client supposed to do.

What good what it do to do a system image of the system is corrupted?

Ask a Question