Recovery Media Windows 7 toshiba Error

Reaction score
I have these Error when I have try Recovery Media. I am not sure what to do behinde this point.
can you please help me?

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition OEM
Microsoft Did Restore/Back up when I called them to activate windows (One time only)

Error Code 27 System error code 27 means "The drive cannot find the sector requested."
This error code may also display as "ERROR_SECTOR_NOT_FOUND" or as the value 0x1B.
I also have image, If you like me to post them please let me know!

Thank you

Other Software I have try to use:
ISO Recorder v3.1

http://alexfeinman.com/W7.htm

Attachments

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
When you say Recovery Media you just mean your Toshiba system disks, nothing to do with your data; is that correct?

If so then simply download W7 SP1 Home Premium x64 from the links provided HERE and burn the ISO to a DVD with IMGBurn (or similar burning software). It will not have any extra Toshiba software or specific Toshiba drivers (such as touchpad controls, etc) but you can normally get any of that from the Toshiba website.

Reaction score
Thank you Sir. I would follow your download link.
I have another question Microsoft its OEM. am sure would change everthing, and also It has being activate as well not to long ago?
Do I have to called Microsoft Again to re-activate or should only
USE Microsoft KEY
enclosed in Laptop.

Thank you for you response.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Pretty much the main difference with OEM is that you cannot transfer it to a new computer. Another difference is that the copy of W7 they include may include specific drivers for your computer hardware and preinstalled software (most is trialware you don't want anyway but there may be special software to use the touchpad or show volume/brightness on the screen, etc) that were not included in the W7 DVD and so if you need them you need to get them from the Toshiba website.

Are you simply trying to repair your OS or do you intend to completely reinstall? When you get to the W7 Installation screen, if the harddrive already contains the W7 OS then there is an option to run startup repair; if you are having problems I suggest you try that first. If you intend to do a complete reinstall then yes you might have to call Microsoft; I don't know the official amount of time but it seems to be OK to activate once every 6 months without a call. You could try saving your W7 tokens and maybe it can facilitate reactivation; I've never tried it myself (see this THREAD or this THREADhttps://www.w7forums.com/backup-win...ens-files-advanced-tokens-manager-t12723.html).

Reaction score
No I do not intend to move OEM to another PC
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Q1.Are you simply trying to repair your OS

Yes, If I can do that that will be Good, But Laptop It's Two years OLD.
and I have installed, Remove software.
Some software are hard to remove. e.g
Webroot ( I have try use Revo Uninstalled Pro. (register)
Software still shows in Programs Files (x86)
Explorer is not configured correctly, as well
Beside I come to use Firefox any way (IE Not Important)
Q2 do you intend to completely reinstall?
The reason I wanted to go this ROAD. because I can start to use fresh Laptop
as I say it's Two years OLD.
Q3.When you get to the W7 Installation screen, if the harddrive already contains the W7 OS then there is an option to run startup repair.
WOW I dint know that..... this is is something NEW to me :)
Q4. if you are having problems I suggest you try that first.
Excellent Idea :), well My PC is : Toshiba I assume to do that every manufacturer has different setting. I have to Go and look for how to accomplish this mission.
Q5 If you intend to do a complete reinstall then yes you might have to call Microsoft; I don't know the official amount of time but it seems to be OK to activate once every 6 months without a call.
When I called them was between 30min to 45Min
But the technical guy din't finish the Job.
Second time was 4HR the most ): But after Windows being register It run goffy, or may be not but It feels different as before. So again this was when I come to think to restore Full PC would be the time to do that.
So I went to Toshiba by I like I have found out, and purchase Recovery Media Disc and It should be in mail Between 7 to 10 Days
I pay $29.95 for My PC I be alive I pay $ 1400.00

So since I request DVD would you feel be better road to take (Full Re-Store)

Thank you for you Help, and you concern as well. :)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Q3: Your original restore software may not have had that option but the W7 DVD ISO does.

Q4: You can try it but if your registry is damaged then a reinstall might be best.

I think you wasted $29.95 for their restore software. I would have just used the W7 SP1 DVD ISO links I posted above for free.

Reaction score
Q1: Your original restore software may not have had that option but the W7 DVD ISO does.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Don't you think I might need DVD Media for Future reference? as you say before If I wanted to keep diver future I will need DVD Media. Beside I am not sure how much is cost DVD Media. It feel espensive but I called local technical support store and the say they will charge me $60.00 or more+
and that is only for Media Recovery Disc.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Q2: You can try it but if your registry is damaged then a reinstall might be best.
My goal is to avoid any more trouble shoot, I being Ripping allot DVD's and I have some optical problems, cdrom speed, error's.... ON & ON
http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/con...su2428589/GMAD00215011_QosmioX500_09Aug26.pdf

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
A1: Drivers are often updated anyway but the Restore DVD never will be. It is better to download the latest drivers from the manufactures website.

A2: Your DVDRom drive is a self-contained unit. Unless you are using cheap CDs/DVDs or burning too fast then the DVD-Rom drive itself is likely failing and needs replaced; it is highly unlikely the problem is software/OS related.

Reaction score
Thank you for you post again.

Good suguestion here again. I bought software update drivers.
I was told it wasn't safest way ti updated.
Do what i do now if windows docent required update then idont do
Nothing.
What i do i use these software to copying dvds and storage
DVDs. So i can keep my collection untouched.

By the way i just had email notice about dvd being shipped.
Tha is excellent.

Thank you again.

Ask a Question