SOLVED windows 7 pro 64 bit freezing

Reaction score
Hi,

ive just built my first system, its around 2-3 weeks old and after around 2 week it started freezing and been a bit of a problem...

i have tried reseating cpu and heat sink, removed ram, graphics card, hard drive and power cables and re installed to make sure everything in right.
ive done a win7 fresh install
ran memtest86

carnt seem to find the problem... sometimes it will freeze on startup.. some times 1-2 mins into running.. sometimes it wont for a few hours.

spec.
win 7 pro
MSI 870A-G54
4GB Ram
HD 4670 1GB
550w psu
AMD X2 3.2 L3 Black ed

Please can i have some suggestions?

Reaction score
Have you got all MS updates installed? Do you have all the latest drivers installed from manufacturer websites?

Reaction score
think i may of sorted it...

after starting this thread, my comp just completely shut down without warning, no BSOD etc and was stuck in a restart loop.. i initially thought it was my Hard Drive.. But to cut a long story short memtest came up with the ram having errors. took the ram back and upgraded to some better ram and touch wood its running sweet as a nut at the moment...

what i thinks strange though, is how initally the memtest's i ran didnt show up with errors.

Reaction score
Good luck grant123

For now I will mark the thread solved.

If you have further issues, we can change the status.

Ask a Question