Windows 7 outpacing Windows 8 adoption

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Now that is surprising... although I can imagine many people would prefer Windows 7 over 8, I didn't expect to see the market share increasing faster that Windows 8 at this stage.

I've just had a look at a large UK PC retailer and they seem to be offering W7 Home Premium as the default OS, with Windows 8 as a optional change.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Dell offers WIn 7 on some systems, but not all of them and uses Win 8 as the default.

Something I read actually made me realize there's a more likely culprit.. The numbers are probably the result of businesses upgrading old XP machines. Businesses are just now migrating en mass away from XP which loses updates in six months... but they're going with Windows 7 for the OS maturity/stability.

It'll be interesting to see what businesses do when it comes time to upgrade Vista & 7 machines, I get the feeling they will be skipping 8 entirely.

Reactions: Ian
Reaction score
I tried Win 8 and ended up blasting my whole system. Been slowly trying to rebuild my Win 7.

Ask a Question