Windows 7 in 2010?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Windows 7 News have translated a German report that Windows 7 RTM can be expected in the 1st quarter of 2010. As usual, this sort of speculation should be taken with a pinch of salt - but it could be a useful indicator:

There are indications that the most extreme release date suggestions will not become true. We know that the Windows 7 Release Candidate will most likely be released in April 2009 which makes it highly unlikely that Windows 7 will be released in the second or third quarter of 2009. The most likely release dates for Windows 7 are therefor located in the fourth quarter of 2009 or the first quarter of 2010.

According to Rachel Linnemann who is responsible for Windows business clients in Germany Windows 7 will not be released in 2009 but in the first quarter of 2010. While she explicitly mentions the Germany version of Windows 7 it is likely that this is also true for the other first tier languages.
Read the full news report here.

Ad

Advertisements

spearace

VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought it was on target for later in 2009 :( At least the RC version will last until then, because I will be using that for a long time!

Ad

Advertisements

BetaMan

Official G33k
VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know why, but I think it's funny that they give all these warnings about the beta not working after a certain period, but the RC will out before then. Just makes me smile.

Ask a Question