Outlook 2010 / Windows Live Mail advice needed

Reaction score
Next week I'm planning on using Microsoft Office's Anytime Upgrade to upgrade Office 2010 Home & Student to Office 2010 Home & Business. The only new component will be Outlook 2010. I currently use Windows Live Mail for my i.s.p., Hotmail and Gmail account's. Are there any suggestions for anything I should do after Outlook 2010 is installed ? I also use Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Photo Gallery & Windows Live Movie Maker. I'm basically lookinh for Outlook configuration help (1st time user of it) and what components of Windows Live to uninstall.
Office on my pc is 32 bit.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You can keep and use both email clients. Windows live Mail is just a simplified version of Outlook. Where as Outlook is used more for an office environment, it has more details and contact information. I use both, but I find myself using Outlook the most. Both are very good.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm planning ahead in a way. I know Microsoft is doing away with all the Live stuff. It'll probably happen when they release Windows 8 to everyone. 8's current Mail app only works with Hotmail and Gmail, not the email account tha comes from your i.s.p. Plus, my N.I.S. 2012 spam program doesn't work with WLM, but should with Outlook. I tried Thunderbird a few month's back and didn't really care for it. IN WLM, I've noticed more spam over the last few month's.

Ask a Question