Autocad 2010 on Windows 7 home premium 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am unable to get the XP mode for this as it says im not eligible for it. This is a new laptop and need to run autocad on it. We have autocad 2010 32 bit which wont load on windows 7 64 bit. PLEASE if anyone could help me.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Also, there are free alternatives to Microsoft's Virtual PC - XP mode that will run on Home Premium if you own XP disks/license. See the Virtualization section of our Freeware DB.

If you do not own XP disks & a license however, then it is likely cheaper to just anytime upgrade to W7 Professional like Clifford said.

Regardless, Autocad is rather processor intensive and running it inside a virtual environment would be even more so; it's quite possible you will not be happy with the speed in a virtual environment. There are newer versions of Autocad you can buy that will run in 64-bit ($$$).

But when I look up Autocad 2010 in the Compatibility Center it says that even it IS compatible, so I guess my question is, are you sure it cannot be installed? What you might need to do is run the installer in XP compatibility mode, see HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question