Month June,2010 Patch Tuesday heads-up: 10 bulletins, 34 flaws (IE, Windows affected)

Reaction score
June Patch Tuesday heads-up: 10 bulletins, 34 flaws (IE, Windows affected)

Microsoft’s Patch Tuesday this month will be a big one: 10 bulletins fixing 34 vulnerabilities in Windows, Office and Internet Explorer.
Three of the 10 bulletins will be rated “critical,” Microsoft’s highest severity rating. The flaws addressed in those bulletins typically expose users to remote code execution attacks.

Here are the basic details on what’s coming next Tuesday (June 8, 2010):
  • Six of the bulletins affect Windows; of those, two carry a Critical severity rating and four are rated Important.
  • Two bulletins, both with a severity rating of Important, affect Microsoft Office.
  • One bulletin, again with a severity rating of Important, affects both Windows and Office.
  • One bulletin, with a severity rating of Critical, affects Internet Explorer.\
[ SEE: Serious XSS flaw haunts Microsoft SharePoint ]

Microsoft confirmed that this month’s patch batch will provide cover for two publicly known issues: an elevation of privilege flaw in Microsoft SharePoint that could lead to cross-site scripting attacks and aninformation disclosure hole in Internet Explorer.
Some of these vulnerabilities affect all versions of Windows, including the newest Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.

Ryan Naraine is a journalist and social media enthusiast specializing in Internet and computer security issues.
  • Full Bio
  • Disclosure
  • Email
  • RE: Patch Tuesday heads-up: 10 bulletins, 34 flaws (IE, Windows affected)

Not bad. Just 34 flaws that can't be exploited now. I'm glad they release notices like this, I'm going to update our team so they can be prepared for it and know when to patch instead of taking wild guesses at when a patch is released like in other operating systems. Plan accordingly.

Loverock Davidson
    06/03/2010 11:30 AM
    • Flagged
  • RE: Patch Tuesday heads-up: 10 bulletins, 34 flaws (IE, Windows affected)

@Loverock Davidson. Ummmmm who knows how long these have been issues. You are just finding out about them now. They could of been in the wild for months. On other OS's I don't have to wait till patch Tuesday to get my patches. They are fixed and pushed out to me as soon as a fix is ready. Not 3 weeks later.

tymiles
    06/03/2010 11:43 AM

• SOURCE

very good read for us all

regards
jeffreyobrien

Last edited:

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
That is really scary. Who knows how many other vulnerabilities they are not aware of. At least we know MS is trying hard to plug the holes.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
WOW!

Imagine an OS without any faults... An OS that could patch itself... That would be nice :)

Ask a Question