SOLVED Windows 7 FREEZE!! plz Help me out !

Reaction score
iam goin to explain my problem hope u guys can help me:/
MB:Gigabyte EP31-DS3L rev2.1
CPU:E7500 2.93GHz
GPU:9500GT
RAM:2Giga-bus800(hyniex) / 1Giga-bus667(Apogee) all = 3giga
(Hint); i tried to remove the 667 bus and vice versa .. problem still exist
PSU:230W
I upgraded my Processor from 3.00GHz normal 1 to This E7500 Core2due , after that i installed windows 7 .. i noticed that my pc freeze in 2 cases that what i explored till now 1st : when i restart my router ..2nd: when i play songs in mediaplayer after 3-5mins screen freeze .. u guys now that wierd freeze of screen .
i tried xp .. no freeze i think after that i updated Bios from (FB) to (FC) .. problem still exist
i Disabled all Windows Services .. when i turn off Router , no Freeze .. o_O
guys iam pleased for any 1 who can help out !! plz
i have a feeling that my E7500 got the problem , but its new O_O i dunno really !!
i hope u guys can help me am w8in for ur respond
thx..:confused:

Reaction score
plz guys .. answer in a simple way .. coz iam not that pro

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hi Fuzion! Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums website!

First of all. your power supply way too underpowered for what your doing! You're probably pulling the PSU to over 80% of it's capacity and that's NOT GOOD! You probably have an OEM or inexpensive power supply. I am not being critical here of you or your equipment except one the most critical hardware components for your system is your power supply.

I went to the eXtreme Power Calculator website and they recommend a 284 watt (read this as a 300 watt power supply.) The absolute minimum they recommend is 234 watts. So you can see you're already straining the one you have.

Use Google and check out some different PSU calculator websites to see what results you'll get. You can get a very good make of PSU for under $45 here in the USA. A Seasonic brand (probably one of the best makes there is anywhere) you can get for $42.99 for a 350 watt PSU (the minimum I would use) from Newegg. Remember that it's always advisable to buy the best PSU you can afford for your system.

1. You won't regret it and you'll be able to add more hardware later on.
2. Your system will be more stable, especially under heavy gaming or video use or CPU use.
3. It will last longer and run cooler, which is very important, because to quote one of our other "senior" members: Heat is the bane of all electronics.

Get one that is at least what is called an 80 Plus Bronze Certified PSU, you'll thank me in the long run, believe me.

Second, I notice that your RAM sticks are mismatched. I know you're not going to like what I am gonna say... but your system stability will be affected by that. You have 800 MHz RAM and 667 MHz RAM. The motherboard will default the speed to the lowest setting of RAM sticks. I am not trying to be a wiseguy here but ALWAYS, ALWAYS use the SAME BRAND and SAME BUS speed of RAM and preferably the same series too. If you'll look at my computer specs under my avatar you'll see what I mean. It's best to buy RAM in matched sets too.

This is from the Gigabyte website for your mobo and how to install the RAM correctly... I noticed it's different that most conventional motherboards, even for Gigabyte boards.

To install two memory modules, we suggest that you install them on the DDR2_1 and DDR2_3 sockets, when the DDR2_2 or DDR2_4 socket is populated with a DDR2 1066 MHz memory module, the memory speed will be downgraded to 800 MHz).

If I were you, you would really be better off with 2 sets of matched RAM sticks of PC-8500 1066 MHz. However that is your decision. At least dump the 1 GB of Apogee 667 and get a matched set of Hyniex 800 MHz PC-6400 RAM

Okay... enough of the RAM situation.

Did you do a clean install of Window 7 after the new CPU was installed? THIS IS A MUST! Some will argue that it's not necessary, but it really is because you have changed a major hardware component which affects everything else on the system. The chipset drivers configure themselves differently on a single core CPU versus a Dual-Core CPU.

Do you have the latest BIOS firmware update installed for your motherboard? That may be a factor also. The latest stable BIOS Firmware is the "FC" version for your board.

Did you install the latest up-to-date drivers for your motherboard's North and South Bridge chipsets, sound card or chipset, video card, LAN chipset, etc.?

You have for the North Bridge: Intel® P31/G31 Express Chipset and for the South Bridge: Intel® ICH7 Always install the North and South Bridge chipset drivers first before any other driver, this is very important! This driver combination from Intel is called the Intel INF Driver installation v9.1.2.1007 Dated 4-29-2010 Plus there are a couple of tricks to properly install this driver, which I'll let you know if you're interested.

Your motherboard does support the Intel E7500 Core2Duo CPU. It need the front side bus to be set to a 1066 MHz clock speed. Have you done that in the BIOS?

Have you consulted you motherboard's User Manual. I know a lot of people find to be a little bit "Greek" to them. However once you familiarize yourself with it and how to tweak the BIOS settings and such, you'll find that you can get the system to run much better.

Sorry to run on so much... if you follow some of the above advice, especially for the power supply and RAM, I believe your system will run much, much smoother and with less hiccups.

Keep Me Posted... :cool:
~Nibs

Reaction score
After all u simply Rock !! and ty for Every thing
Well , 1st: am goin to buy a new Power Supply , but what watt u advice me to buy .
2nd :iam goin to remove the 667bus ram , and run with the 800bus till i buy new simillar 1 .
3rd : i dont understand this :D (
To install two memory modules, we suggest that you install them on the DDR2_1 and DDR2_3 sockets, when the DDR2_2 or DDR2_4 socket is populated with a DDR2 1066 MHz memory module, the memory speed will be downgraded to 800 MHz).)
4th :yeh i installed windows 7 cleanly after i bought the new processor E7500
5th :yeh i checked the gigabyte site for latest BIOS for my processor it said (FB) FDc still in beta dunno if i should install it or no.
5th :All my Drivers are updated .. plus i checked that from http://www.driveragent.com .
6th :
It need the front side bus to be set to a 1066 MHz clock speed. Have you done that in the BIOS? ~ i dunno , but how to do that o_O!!
TY for everything

Reaction score
um DDR2_1 and DDR2_3 from the left or the right ? i mean DDR2_1 Socket is the right or the left slot :D

Reaction score
um DDR2_1 and DDR2_3 from the left or the right ? i mean DDR2_1 Socket is the right or the left slot :D
Memory slots are labeled on the motherboard. If by some chance they are not labeled on the motherboard, you should read the user manual for such labeling. It's always best to read the manual when pairing memory, so you know you are using the correct slots.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
After all u simply Rock !! and ty for Every thing
Well , 1st: am goin to buy a new Power Supply , but what watt u advice me to buy .
2nd :iam goin to remove the 667bus ram , and run with the 800bus till i buy new simillar 1 .
3rd : i dont understand this :D (
To install two memory modules, we suggest that you install them on the DDR2_1 and DDR2_3 sockets, when the DDR2_2 or DDR2_4 socket is populated with a DDR2 1066 MHz memory module, the memory speed will be downgraded to 800 MHz).)
4th :yeh i installed windows 7 cleanly after i bought the new processor E7500
5th :yeh i checked the gigabyte site for latest BIOS for my processor it said (FB) FDc still in beta dunno if i should install it or no.
5th :All my Drivers are updated .. plus i checked that from http://www.driveragent.com .
6th :
It need the front side bus to be set to a 1066 MHz clock speed. Have you done that in the BIOS? ~ i dunno , but how to do that o_O!!
TY for everything
1. For the Power Supply you should get at least a 350 watt PSU, I would recommend a 400 watt just to give you some extra capacity.

2. Good Deal! You'll be just fine on 2 GB of RAM for now even if you install the 64-bit version of Windows 7.

3. There are 4 DIMM sockets for your RAM. From left to right from the CPU socket as the board is mounted on the case. It goes as follows:
DDR2_1 DDR2_2 DDR2_3 DDR2_4
You should mount the the RAM in the 1st slot and the 3rd Slot. This enables the DDR2 channels to operate properly. If you 2 GB of RAM is only a single 2 GB Stick then mount it in the DDR2_1 slot.

REMEMBER WHAT I SAID ABOUT READING YOUR MOTHERBOARD MANUAL!!

4. Clean install... Good!

5. Use the FC BIOS update! It the latest one that is stable. Don't ever use a beta firmware update unless you REALLY know what you're doing.

6. First go to the MB Intelligent Tweaker in the BIOS. Remember READ YOUR MANUAL!!!!!

To set the Front Side Bus speed you use a multiplier in the BIOS to get to that, such as the 1066 MHz CPU frequency. Set the CPU Frequency setting to 266 and this only works if you have the CPU frequency clock control is enabled.

This snippet is from the BIOS settings page of your motherboard manual:

READ YOUR MOTHERBOARD MANUAL!

Study how the BIOS settings are done in the BIOS section of the manual.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to read and understand your BIOS settings, that is why I empasize so much about reading your motherboard manual. It will save you time and stress and less posts here once you have done that.

I hope this helps you some... keep us posted.
~Nibs

Last edited:
Reaction score
kk.. thx bro i understood all what u advised me :)
iam goin to buy new psu , i set the fsb to 226 i putted the ram in the right slot
after i try the new power supply
i'll tell whats the new
greetings and thx alot !!
hope the power supply is the problem for that freeze

Reaction score
LOL ... when i putted the Ram in DDR2_1 i think it fixed the freeze i think .. and i hope .. i restarted router and i played media player for 4 hours .. no freeze :D
maybe the ram wrong slot was causing this problem o_O ?
plus iam gonnna to buy the 400watt power supply
iam goin to stay in touch with u if i found any problem ty alot bro <3

Reaction score
hey again
i think the freeze problem gone ... i think
but something new happened this blue screen poped up and somthing saying dumbing memory or dont remember what it was after that system restarted >.<
(hint) : there was a bad sector in harddisk and i removed it with HDD Regenerator

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
hey again
i think the freeze problem gone ... i think
but something new happened this blue screen poped up and somthing saying dumbing memory or dont remember what it was after that system restarted >.<
(hint) : there was a bad sector in harddisk and i removed it with HDD Regenerator
Fuzion - I am curious, what country are you from or residing in?

Reaction score
Solved~
i removed motherboard battery for 5 mins , and put it back ... iam still testing pc .. but till now everything goes fine .. hope it still
thx!
w7forums

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Nibs, his IP address suggests a country of Great Pyramids.

Ask a Question