Windows 7 Build 7140

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
A rumour has been going round for a few days now about some changes to Windows 7 build 7140. The original post detailing the leaks is here, and you'll need to click the appropriate flag to translate the article:

The changes in build 7140 are reported to be:

1. Ability to add anything in the Taskbar.
2nd Icons to expand slightly when you move the mouse over the taskbar.
3rd The menu "System" is simpler and easier to navigate.
4th You can change the login screen from the menu "Customize."
5th The menu that appears with the right click is now the Aero Glass effect.
6. The default folder icons have changed to have a transparency on the blue.
7th Buttons Minimize / Maximize / Close the upper right corner of the icons have changed.
8th [BIG NEWS]: Adding the "UPLOAD" for pictures, files and video. If you right click on a file, just click on "UPLOAD", and you can upload the file to a website of your choice. After loading, a pop-up, and clicking "OK" you get the link to download the files you have uploaded and tested for use with ImageShack and Facebook.
9th The settings in Spanish, Chinese, Korean and Japanese unicode (s) are integrated, so you can run applications or use the keyboard without changing foreign and reboot.
Interesting, if it's real... but feature #8 seems like far too big a thing to add to a post-RC build.

Reaction score
donto speako any intaliano but this soinds cool to me too

wonder if this build leaked or not yet

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
wonder if this build leaked or not yet
Not seen it yet - but I don't believe the blog post to be honest ;) I posted it out of general interest as it appears most other places and hasn't been disproved yet, but I can't see MS adding anything to Windows 7 now - just bug fixing.

Reaction score
seem like they gonna released it in a few months ! not in 2010 but at the end of 2009

Reaction score
Don't know if the Build is real or not but some of the changs seem like a great idea, and you never know what Microsoft will do until they do it.

Reaction score
point 9 has been aroudn since windows 2000.
As long as you had the language installed along-side your primary, you could switch between keyboard inputs with a few easy steps + no reboot.

Reading languages of any kind has been possible since windows 2000 as long as you had the language support installed.

Ask a Question