Windows 7 Build 7032

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Arstechnica has a look at some of the first leaked pics and information from Windows 7 build 7032:

Days after the leak of build 7022 (32-bit) to public torrent sites, WinFuture.de has posted a screenshot clearly showing a 64-bit Enterprise edition of build 7032. We already know of a build 7034, but this is significant because there have been no screenshots or any other tangible proof of any of the 703x builds. The screenshot shows the following build string: "'6.1.7032.0.winmain.090129-1812," meaning that the build was compiled on January 29, 2009 at 6:12PM. Since it is an interim build, it's not surprising that the screenshot shows the build expiring on July 2, 2009.

Other than the new build number, the screenshot (full-size image) does not show too much. A date is shown in the bottom left in a European format, but all this shows is that the screenshot was taken today. There appears to be a new icon in the taskbar, and it looks like it is for the Control Panel. IE8 is still at RC1, which is not surprising. The user has Hibernate set as the default for the power button in the start menu, but this doesn't necessarily mean Microsoft has changed it from Shut Down. This build does not include the fixes to UAC.

Read the full article and see the images here.

Reaction score
I'm thinking about downloading this now, do you know if I can do an upgrade from the beta build?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Nope, I don't think any of the beta's let you do in place upgrades - you'll need to do a fresh install if you want to use it. :)

If you're not having problems with 7000, it might be worth leaving it for a while before you take the plunge (unless you don't have much to lose).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question