Windows 7 build 6801 Feedback

Reaction score
There must be quite a few people here with Windows 7 build 6801, so what do you think of it so far?

I've found most of my applications work no problem with it, apart from some problems with a codec pack and CCleaner, everything else seems to work ok. All my Adobe apps, Office and iTunes work fine :)

Bootup times are a little faster, but that's about the only speed boost I can notice at the moment. Considering that this is only an Alpha build, it's looking good!

It's a huge shame about the taskbar, but apparently there's a fix for that - does anyone know more about it?

Reaction score
I do know the beloved Taskbar was replaced with the Superbar, check this out!

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]ipg6ltIZRw0[/MEDIA]"]YouTube - Windows 7 Aero Peek[/ame]

Announcer calls it the taskbar...I'm not 100% sure if its taskbar or superbar, who knows, lol.

Reaction score
Thank you x 1000 :party:

I'll try this when I get back from the office.

Reaction score
yet the supertaskbar is not the same as they showed, some features are missing on 6801.

Generally, as I already said, the pre beta is really stable and I didn't notice any slowdown compared to Vista. Boot time, on my computer, is pretty much the same.
From time to time I had some problems with USB storages, since I already have 6 hard drives, when I connect more than 2 usb disks the sistem does not show them on my computer. I hope they're gonna fix it.
Otherwise everything works just fine (I barely never use Vista since I installed 7), only minor problems with AVG 8

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah I gave it a go but it doesn't look the same as the one demo'd, was interesting to play with though, just not what I was hoping for.

The only problem that still bugs me with this release is that my LAN connection has dropped a few times, and it never did this with Vista. It's a wired connection, and it disconnects/reconnects within about 10 seconds for no reason. It's happened about 3 times in the last 2 weeks, but I've sent them feedback on it to see if it helps.

Ask a Question