Windows 7 BSOD - STOP: 0x0000003B

Reaction score
Randomly throughout my day I will experience three or less BSOD. This has been going on for months and I have no idea how to fix it. I've updated every single driver and downloaded all Windows updates I can find. The BSOD message begins with:

STOP: 0x0000003B

I have attached the minidump file for the most recent crash as well as my DxDiag information. Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this!

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Hi,

The crash dump is pointing to dwm.exe which is Microsoft Desktop Window Manager. It is very unlikely that it will that. More likely it is some other application misbehaving.

Please enable Driver verifier and when it crashes after driver verifier is enabled, please post the crash dump files.

Driver verifier

The Driver Verifier tool that is included in every version of Windows since Windows 2000 it is used to detect and troubleshoot many driver issues that are known to cause system corruption, failures, or other unpredictable behavior.

***FIRST: Please backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Windows 7 Startup Repair feature.)
  1. Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
  2. Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
  3. Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
  4. Select:
    ---- Special Pool
    ---- Pool Tracking
    ---- Force IRQL Checking
    ----Deadlock Detection
    ---- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8)
    ---- Miscellaneous Checks

5. Click "Next"
  6. Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
  7. Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
  8. Select "Finish" on the next page.
Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.

Will I see anything when I enable Driver Verifier?

No, Driver Verifier configures Windows so that people looking at the crash dump files get (in most cases) more detailed information about what actually crashed the computer.
How Long should I wait for a crash?

- If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.
How do I turn Driver Verifier off?!

- Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page.

- Or press the Windows Key + R, and type in "verifier /reset" (Without the quotes)

- Then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post. then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.
I can't get in to Windows, what do I do?

- If Windows will not start and get to a login screen or desktop, because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.

- If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
How do I put the crash dump files in a Zip file?

Instructions on putting files in a Zip file and extracting (Taking them out) again are explained HERE.

Reaction score
Thanks Shintaro. As I was going through those steps, right when I clicked the 'Finish' button the BSOD hit me again. I've attached the dump file for that one.

After it booted up again I was able to successfully go through all the steps and perform a restart. Now I guess I wait patiently for the next BSOD...

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

This one is pointing to the Bluetooth stack.
Code:
Built by: 7601.18409.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144
Debug session time: Thu Aug 14 08:28:29.692 2014 (UTC + 10:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:50:15.489
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800030e64b6, fffff8800af42e10, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceHandler+7c )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: BtvStack.exe
When it crashes again please post the crash dump file. It will have more information on what is going on, hopefully.

Ask a Question