Windows 7 boot error

Reaction score
So I just built two gaming PCs, one is done and has a 1TB HDD for storage and a 240GB SSD for booting. I have been using this PC for two weeks and decided to assemble the second to sell it. After finishing building the second computer I realized that I didn't have an optical drive on the second PC to install Windows 7. So I decided to hook up the new 500gb HDD from the second computer to my already functioning first computer and install Windows 7 from the second computer's install disk. Thought this was a good idea, but once I installed Windows onto the new HDD, powered down the first computer, then tried to boot it up without the CD and 500gb drive, the PC just keeps loading a screen called: Administrator: X:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
after it loads a screen asking what to boot from(this screen stays for about 3 seconds before booting up the first screen)
And windows will no longer boot, it shows the logo like normal, then shows this screen instead.
I have no idea what to do at this point, the CD and other HDD are no longer present and it's now exactly the same as it was. Please help!

Attachments

zigzag3143

Wanikiya
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

Ask a Question