Windows 7 and XP Both installed..

Reaction score
ok.. well i isntalled windows 7 but some things didnt work on it so.... i kinda installed xp as well on the same partision or w/e

i have /windows folder and /xp folder.. but for some reason i'm stuck in xp and can't change... also inside system recovery windows 7 doesnt show up so i cant change it that way D: does annyone have a solution for me :(

I do have a restore point.. but it won't work because it says its not for thie partision or w/e D:

Please help me!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You've got XP and Windows 7 on the same partition? Did W7 ever work like this? Personally I'd delete Windows 7 and install it again on a new partition as it will save you a lot of hassle!

Reaction score
How do i make a new partition? And can i put all the stuff i have in the original one into that one?

Reaction score
ok.. now i got windows 7 working and i got xp installed on a different partition or w/e.. and now i have xp and windows 7 both on the same partition and windows xp on a different partition....

How do i remove the other one from the one that has windows 7 already on it?

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Start>Right-Click Computer>Select Manage>Click on Disk Management>Right-Click the Volume/Partition you want to delete at the bottom>Click on Delete Volume and follow the instructions!

Cheers!

Reaction score
uhmm i dont want to delete at partition... i want to delete an operating system thats already on the same partition as windows 7

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Well, you could delete the system files of it. You might even try Add or Remove programs, hehe, but I doubt it'll work. Sorry there.

Ask a Question