Windows 7 and Warcraft 3

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The solution is to make sure you are patched to the latest version (1.26a at the time of this post). It should not even need compatibility mode but you could always try that. Blizzard Support

I am not familiar with this particular game but I have found, for me, that the best solution is to have a completely separate folder for Games. Rather than install under C:\Program Files (x86) I use C:\Games. This helps because many older games try to write files (.ini files, saved games, maps, etc) right into the games installation folder, but with W7 security Program Files is considered a protected system folder. This means writes are limited to installs, not normal program execution and this is a problem for some older games. I do not know if this will help in this case but it sure won't hurt to try.

Reaction score
Hi TrainableMan,
I agree with you, all my stuff that I install on the PC is under D:\Install.all
And for games is D:\Install.all\Games

But that doesn't make a solution to his problem.
Trust me when I say cause I have played it for 5years +.
If you don't have the right patch, you can't go on Battle.net , but the game works just fine.

Battle.net - is a mode to play online World Wide.

Let's wait and see what he has to say about crashes.

Ask a Question