Windows 7 and Warcraft 3

Reaction score
I have recently installed the 64 bit windows 7 beta and started using this operating system. I have installed Warcraft 3. Had no problems with installation, however, when I try to open the program, the program stops responding and I have to use the task manager to end the program. It says "the program has stopped working". I'm not sure why this is happening.

Reaction score
Maybe try Compatibility Mode.

Right click on the WOW shortcut and select "Properties", then "Compatibility"

It should look like this:

I'd give XP-Service Pack 2 a try.

Let us know how it goes.

And welcome to the board.....:hello:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I tried changing the compatibility mode. It has not helped, but thankyou anyway. :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I tried changing the compatibility mode. It has not helped, but thankyou anyway. :)
Drat!

It just may be the fact you're running 64-bit and WOW doesn't like it. thedrunk started a games thread https://www.w7forums.com/drunks-game-list-t1039.html, and he says he got WOW to run but I am sure he uses 32-bit.

I found a really long Windows 7 and WOW thread in the WOW forum (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=16474156609&postId=168661590399&sid=1#0l)

Maybe there's something in there that will help.

Reaction score
actually its warcraft 3, not WoW. But maybe if the problem is the 64 bit system, the same solution will work.

I'll check out the thread. Thanks :)

Reaction score
actually its warcraft 3, not WoW. But maybe if the problem is the 64 bit system, the same solution will work.

I'll check out the thread. Thanks :)
Sorry, I didn't even know enough to know that I didn't know that there was a difference between the games. :eek:

*goes back to playing Minesweeper*

Reaction score
I've heard that you have to change something in the registry or something. Sorry for the lack of information. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
I am as well on 64 bits windows 7, but with me the game leaves to charge but it gives me a black screen whereafter is minimized alone.

Reaction score
problem in warcraft 3

i have the same problem with berimbau pls help me!

Reaction score
Here you are the req.:

Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP

* 400 MHz Pentium II or equivalent
* 128 MB of RAM
* 8 MB 3D video card (TNT, i810, Voodoo 3, Rage 128 equivalent or better) with DirectX® 8.1 support
* 700 MB HD space
* 4X CD-ROM drive

Macintosh® OS 9.0 or higher/ Mac OS X 10.1.3. or higher

* 400 MHz G3 processor
* 128 MB of RAM
* 16 MB ATI Technologies or nVidia chipset 3D video card
* 700 MB HD space
* 4X CD-ROM drive

Recommended

* 600 MHz processor
* 256 MB of RAM
* 32 MB 3D video card
* DirectX(r) 8.1 compatible sound card

Multiplayer

* Low-latency, active Internet connection rated at 28.8 Kbps or faster. LAN play requires TCP/IP connection.

Reaction score
Still have not seen a response to how to get it to work, you just said it works for you...well thanks, rub it in more plz. Can someone actually explain in detail how to get warcraft 3 to work! I have just bought a new computer with an new I5 processor and Intel HD graphics card with 4gigs ram, shouldn't be having a problem. I am seriously thinking of returning the PC and buying another newer Mac.

Reaction score
first try to run it in compatibility mode for xp sp2 than see that your all the graphics drivers are installed properly

Reaction score
Hello,
I run World of Warcraft - newest expansion Cataclysm with no problems.
Also, I have Warcraft III The Frozen Throne and I have no problems.
Using Windows 7 HP 32-bit.

Hmm.. I used to be a freak with these games.
Played them for 5 years.

Tell me, can you run the game and when does the crash happen?

Ask a Question