WIN7 ulimate x64 iso

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
mazhar, we do not even have links to home basic versions. The only way you could get Home Basic from our links is to edit the ISO & remove the ei.cfg file; at which point you get all versions, not just Home Basic. I actually downloaded the ISO using the link you included above and it is most definitely Ultimate:
ei.cfg said:
[EditionID]
Ultimate
[Channel]
Retail
[VL]

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
david that is 64-bit W7 SP1 Ultimate in English, it just isn't the media refresh (SP1-U) edition ... which for most people will make absolutely no difference.

Reaction score
david that is 64-bit W7 SP1 Ultimate in English, it just isn't the media refresh (SP1-U) edition ... which for most people will make absolutely no difference.
What is the difference? I don't understand.

If I were to download a Win 7 Ultimate SP1 ISO in English, I would have taken that one.

Image 9.png

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The W7forum links to W7 SP1 are HERE. They were posted before the media refresh versions were released so to get to the media refresh links you need to scroll in 2 or 3 pages. It turned out about 1 in 10,000 computers had problems installing from these editions so Microsoft added a single extra patch and released what they called the media refresh editions (SP1-U). Most people just use the links on the first page with absolutely no problem but the media refresh editions are available for that 1 person in 10000.

Reaction score
Thank you.

One cannot expect the general public to know the ( 1 in 10,000) scenario.
There should be a special line prominently included in the ISO pages.
Imagine what my frustration would be if I were that 1 in 10,000, and I picked the one that would not work, and I did not know why.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I would say I agree with you and I even believe it has happened a couple times (see some of the posts at the end of the thread) but I am not the moderator who created the thread. There is even some question about whether Microsoft is OK with the links being posted. Hopefully people who have issues will scan more of the thread or post a question seeking help, at least for as long as the links are allowed to be posted.

Ask a Question