Win7 RTM build available on technet August 6th

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Merc, and welcome to the site :)

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the RTM!

(I've moved this to the news section)

Reaction score
RTM = Released To Manufacturer

basically meaning it's not beta anymore and it's ready to go live.

As far as i know, they still haven't actually announced windows 7 has gone RTM, but my guess would be they will do so within the next day or two if they already have set a date of august 6th to make the RTM build available to msdn and technet

Reaction score
Oh right thank-you, thats helpful, but this version will cost, will it?

Reaction score
what do you mean 'cost' ?

edit: if you mean it's not free - correct. You have to subscribe to technet, which costs i think around $300 for a year (but you can search around and find discount codes). You get access to ALL of MS's operating systems and some applications. technically you are only allowed to use them for testing/development purposes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
what do you mean 'cost' ?

edit: if you mean it's not free - correct. You have to subscribe to technet, which costs i think around $300 for a year (but you can search around and find discount codes). You get access to ALL of MS's operating systems and some applications. technically you are only allowed to use them for testing/development purposes.
Thanks for the enlightenment, that has cleared some stuff up for me, cheers :)

Reaction score
actually, it was available even before they announced it went gold - build 7600 is the gold build.

I'll wait for it to show up on technet :)

Reaction score
Any leak that occurred before July 24 was not the genuine Microsoft RTM. All prior ISOs were tampered with in some way -- not maliciously, mind you -- but not genuine.

Reaction score
half ot the internet users installed gold rtm on 24 july so i guess that surpised microsoft alot

Ask a Question